Canon Promotions for XHA1 and XHG1 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old June 18th, 2007, 12:57 PM   #31
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

TapeWorks Texas Inc has an offer for HDVinfo users through June 30, 2007

XHA1 Package Promo Includes:
Canon XHA1 HDV Camcorder, 4 Year Extended Warranty, Libec LS38(M)2A Tripod, CamRade CB-Single-1 CamBag, Tiffen 72MM UV Filter, 5 Panasonic 63 Minute Advanced Master Quality Tapes

HDVINFO PACKAGE PRICE: $4,249.95
Price After Canon $250 Mail In Rebate: $3,999.95
Package Promotion Valid until 06/30/07

Contact TapeWorks Texas Inc Toll Free 866.827.3489 to place your order or simply go online to http://tapeworkstexas.com/xha1_package_1.html

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
Sales Manager
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
tapeworksscott@sbcglobal.net
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 10:12 AM   #32
Wrangler

I have removed a post by a new member that discussed and linked a non-sponsor vendor. Thanks to all who haven't done so recently for taking a moment now to review the TOS and Sponsor pages of DVinfo, as we all should periodically take a few minutes to do. They explain why DVinfo only allows links to the handpicked sponsors of the site.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 04:03 PM   #33
Major Player

Canon Rebate Problems

We properly followed all 3 steps required in the Canon Rebate Form and submitted it to the address shown on the form.

Canon is using a third-party company to handle the rebate process. Unfortunately, the company named RebatesHQ.com is mis-handling the process. They sent us a "tracking #" and when we checked the status of of rebate it shows it as INVALID because "serial # is missing".

We provided the serial # on 4 different documents - 1) on the UPC Code they required 2) on the Invoice 3) on the packing sheet 4) on the copy of the Canon registration form. We keep kept copies our submission.

When we used the email form that RebatesHQ.com provides as the only means of communication with them and reported their error and all the facts, we rec'ed an acknowledgement that they had rec'ed our email and would respond in 2 business days. That was 6 business days ago! We have sent a 2nd request for correction/response and still have not gotten an answer or the promised call from a rep.

So for all of you who took advantage of the rebate on the XHG1 or A1, be sure you track your rebate to make sure the same does not happen to you.

Anyone else having the same problem?

At this point, we are going to contact Canon and let them know that their rebate vendor is making errors and not communicating. Canon is a great company and does not need vendors like this tarnishing their repution for excellent service.
John Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 03:40 PM   #34
Major Player

Ok - we suddenly got an email response back saying that the error had been corrected and our rebate status was now valid and due for payment in Aug.

I have a suspicion that my posting here about the problem had some effect since the correction so quickly followed the posting.

Anyway, the advice to check your rebate status to ensure things are handled properly is still offered. $250 to $500 is a great and valuable rebate from Canon.
Old July 4th, 2007, 08:58 PM   #35
Major Player

If you missed it the first time around, Canon has a new, identical rebate offer ($250 back on the A1, $500 back on the G1) running from July 1 through September 30th.
Jason Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #36
Regular Crew

Tape Works

I pick up my Xh A1 from Tapeworks on Friday and they were great to deal with. Good down to earth people. I was extremely thirsty during my purchase....probably dry mount from spending so much (great deal on the cam though)...and Kurt offered me his very own Coke from the fridge...Now THAT is something you won't get anywhere else.

Thanks guys.
Tobin
Tobin Strickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 05:26 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Problems with Canon Rebate

Hi all-
I too am having problems with the Canon rebate. I bought my camera in March and still haven't heard anything from the company after sending in the paperwork over three months ago. I have tried calling and checking online. Does anyone have some other tips for how to pursue this?? Thanks,
Andy
Andrew Dryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 01:02 PM   #38
Major Player

I hope Canon is monitoring the company handling their rebate program as it doesn't appear to be going smoothly - lot's of reported problems - quite different than the high standards of Canon itself.

We finally rec'ed a correction of our rebate problem (after posting references to problems on this forum). The email notice stated our rebate was now valid as of 6/15/07 and to "please allow up to 30 days for receipt of rebate check".... well that maximum wait of 30 days is now past and no rebate check.

If the above poster filed for his rebate in March and still has not rec'ed it, then it really makes me wonder if most of us will ever see the rebate.
Old July 18th, 2007, 11:24 AM   #39
Regular Crew

I also haven't received my check yet. They received my submission on 5/14/07 and had to issue me a second check, as the first was "lost in the mail." The second check still has not come.

btw there's another thread on this problem here:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...=1#post1002066
Ben Hayflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 01:12 PM   #40
Regular Crew

Good news, my check arrived today.

So my advice is basically to just keep an eye on your submission, and if it takes longer than it should, call Parago. If problems persist, call Canon. In short, stay on top of it, and you will eventually get your rebate check.

Last edited by Ben Hayflick; July 20th, 2007 at 01:15 PM. Reason: typo
Ben Hayflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 02:51 PM   #41
Major Player

Good news here as well - we finally got our $500 rebate check for the XHG1 last week!
Old August 30th, 2007, 12:55 AM   #42
Regular Crew

Canon Refund was timely!!!!

I mailed the coupon for the $250 rebate exactly on July 25th and received it today August 29th. Not counting the 25th, the total number of calendar days is 35 and I can truly say I am very surprised for the speedy processing time when compared to the many other rebate programs I have submitted in the past.

At this point, I'm not sure why my experience was so positive other than I did go out of my way to clearly print, very legible, all the forms and also highlighted the pertinent information in all the required documents to make it much easier for anyone to read. I can't think of anything else that may have been a factor other than processing is improving...

Thank you Canon Rebate Center!

PS: ...but I still need to cash their check. ; )

Last edited by Armando Serrano; August 30th, 2007 at 08:38 PM.
Armando Serrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 07:59 AM   #43
Major Player

Canon is running the $250 rebate again, from October 1 through December 31. The form is available on Canon's website. There are also rebates for the XH G1, the XL2 and the GL2.
Jason Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 10:26 PM   #44
Major Player

Tapeworks

Just wanted to echo praise to Scott at Tapeworks for his down to earth attitude and willingness to get your order how you want it. I needed an A1 for a shoot on Friday and Scott found a camera to get to even though he was out of stock. Then when I ordered the Libec L38 tripod the case did not fit. Scott contacted Libec and they will be sending out new larger cases so the tripod and feet can fit in the bag. It was refreshing after dealing with larger companies to have the personal attention that Scott and Tapeworks brings to the table. Keep up the great work!

Jonathan Schwartz
Owner, CA Video Productions
Jonathan Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #45
New Boot

Thats good news to hear!

I was looking forward to ordering another one but now i can't figure out why a Texas based company is charging tax for out of state customers...?

Other than that.. all is good!
Rick Underwood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders