Canon Promotions for XHA1 and XHG1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old September 22nd, 2006, 10:58 AM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Where to buy the Canon XH G1 or A1

Howdy from Texas,

Just a reminder that we refer *all* where-to-buy questions to our highly valued DV Info Net site sponsors. Those who are authorized Canon dealers offering the XH G1 and XH A1 are, in no particular order:

ZGC -- Zotz Digital -- Birns & Sawyer -- TapeWorks Texas, Inc. -- Abel CineTech -- ProductionGear (UK)

Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 09:11 AM   #2
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

Canon Promotions for XHA1 and XHG1

TapeWorks Texas Inc is pleased to announce that Canon has released a great promotion for those of you interested in purchasing the XHA1 or XHG1!

Retail purchasers of a new XHA1, XHG1, GL2 or XL2 camcorder from an authorized Canon dealer during the promotion period are eligible for a mail-in rebate covering the promotions as outlined below.

Promotion period: March 15, 2007 - June 30, 2007

$250 Cash Back on a purchase of an XH A1
The XH A1 combines a wealth of features with the outstanding performance of a 3 CCD, High Definition camcorder. A versatile, flexible and powerful performer that is sure to meet the most uncompromising standards.

$500 Cash Back on a purchase of an XH G1
The XH G1 is an advanced High Definition camcorder with features unmatched in its category – including HD-SDI Out, SD-SDI, SMPTE Time Code In/Out (selectable) and Genlock Input capabilities.

Canon is also providing a $250 Cash Back Rebate with the purchase of their standard definition GL2 camcorder and a $300 Cash Back Rebate with the purchase of an XL2.

To Receive these Rebates, your new purchase of a Canon Professional Camcorders must be purchased through an Authorized Canon Dealer.

TapeWorks Texas Inc is a Canon Authorized Dealer and we are also providing a Free CamRade CB-Single I Cambag with the purchase of either the XHA1 or XHG1 camcorders. Please contact TapeWorks Texas Inc. toll free at (866) 827-3489 and speak to one of our professional sales representatives for a customized quotation to fit your needs.

Best Regards,

Scott B. Cantrell
Sales Manager
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
4930 Dacoma, Suite B
Houston, TX 77092
Toll Free: 866-827-3489
Direct: 713-688-3830
Fax: 713-688-2509
Email: scott@tapeworkstexas.com
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 08:57 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I can't find this rebate on the Canon site, is this specific to ordering the camera from Texas Tape Works only? Thanks.
Kipjaz Savoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 09:23 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

"Retail purchasers of a new... camcorder from an authorized Canon dealer ...are eligible"

Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 06:57 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Here is the XHA1 rebate form!

Chuck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RebateXHA1_Mar07.pdf (321.5 KB, 694 views)
Chuck Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 07:08 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Ah that's what I was looking for - thanks very much Chuck!!
Kipjaz Savoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 07:44 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Dang! I bought my camera in February, so I just missed this. Anyone know if there is still a way to get the rebate?
Ben Crosbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 08:10 AM   #8
Major Player

I suppose a price drop in conjunction with the rebate is too much to hope for, but this rebate makes this really tempting.
Jason Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:58 AM   #9
Regular Crew

xh a1 rebate

contact the company you bought it from and have them post date a new invoice.
William Boehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 01:43 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Would a company really do that? Either way, it may be more complicated than that, because I just had to send in my camera for repairs to the canon service center, and I had to give them the date of purchase. I would imagine this could prevent me from getting the rebate.
Ben Crosbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 04:48 PM   #11
Wrangler

Rebate effective period starts in a couple days, so Canon may not post it until the start date, no reason for them to delay what would otherwise be a no-rebate sales.
Old March 15th, 2007, 10:28 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Texas Tape Works or B&H?

So I’m going to order the XHA1 today or tomorrow morning. The only question is do I order from B&H or Texas Tape Works?

B&H has a stellar reputation with thousands of recommendations on resellerratings.com as well as excellent marks from the DVX forum.

Texas Tape Works is endorsed by Chris on this forum. They’re offering the camera for the same price as B&H (for $100 extra, you can get a CamRade CB single 1 cambag). I’d like to support a company that supports this forum, but Texas Tape has only 8 (albeit excellent) reviews on Resellers, none newer than last year.

I’m in Boston so geographic location is not that much of an issue.

Which place would you recommend?

(And if I've placed this message in the wrong thread, please feel free to move.)
Greg Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 10:56 AM   #13
Wrangler

Thanks Chris- now I want to buy a second A1!
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:56 PM   #14
Trustee

The 3500 dollar price tag at B&H was already very low and now you get a 250 rebate from Canon for a final price of around 3250. Is Canon loosing their mind? I think Sony have to lower the price of the V1u because of this. Canon is really respecting their costumers with this promotion.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 04:01 PM   #15
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Borg View Post
I hope someone from Canon comes across this forum.
Unfortunately, corporate policy from Canon Inc. forbids their participation on message boards -- something I have been lobbying for a very long time to get them to change. It must be understood that Canon USA and Canon Europa are two separate companies, each with their own particular promotions, specials and similar programs. Here's hoping that the EU & UK divisions will step up to the plate with an equivalent rebate.

Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders