Warning A1 + zunow wfx-07 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 27th, 2007, 05:43 AM   #1
New Boot

Warning A1 + zunow wfx-07

This is a word of warning to anyone considering the zunow wfx-07 for their A1. I bought one after being convinced that it was compatable with my a1 as several shops which I looked at buying it from advertise it as "for all 72mm hd camcorders" well when recieving the lens it came labelled as "for sony fx1/z1e" and it would seem that either it was solely made for this cam or it is just poor quality. I have soft edges covering almost 30% of the widest angle with nasty red chromatic aberrations. Shame really because the construction is very high quality, it zooms right through and has very respectable image quality when zoomed in to remove the errors.
Tom Cambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 06:01 AM   #2
New Boot

Just checked and the manual for the converter does not mention anything about being for the fx1/z1, it just says it fits 72mm lens and even comes with a hood adapter for an xl1/xl2.
Tom Cambridge is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders