Windjammer for A1 microphone? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 26th, 2007, 08:14 AM   #1
Major Player

Windjammer for A1 microphone?

I’m trying to figure out if there is anyone already using on the A1 factory microphone a good windjammer device. I call B & H but they were lost on this type of recommendation. I know that they are selling one for the Sony FX1 that could work but the is just my judgment by the website pictures. I would like to now the size of the FX1 mic to compare with my A1 mic or if there is any that you guys know that should work.

Hey guys recommendations please!

Thanks
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 07:27 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I'm just guessing, but it appears that a fat cat that fits over a standard hand-held mic would work. I just ordered one for my hand-held. If you still haven't got an answer by the time it gets here, I will be glad to try it on my built-in and let you know.
Ray Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 01:37 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I've been using Rode's Deadcat on the A1's microphone. It's not perfect, a little too big, but some haircut and it's ok.
Poppe Johansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 08:17 AM   #4
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppe Johansson View Post
I've been using Rode's Deadcat on the A1's microphone. It's not perfect, a little too big, but some haircut and it's ok.
I'm using the Deadcat and a Rode SM5 - no haircut necessary this way!

http://images.google.ch/imgres?imgur...%3Dde%26sa%3DG
Christopher Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 11:08 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Kuhn View Post
I'm using the Deadcat and a Rode SM5 - no haircut necessary this way!
I also use SM5/Deadcat with NTG1, but I thought the original question was windjammer for a factory microphone. You can't use SM5 with that ;)
Poppe Johansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 01:07 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks for the sugestions!
I'm already ordering the deadcat to use it. This saturday I have a wedding at the beach here in tampa.

I will let you know later if worked out that day.
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 03:40 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Ortiz View Post
I’m trying to figure out if there is anyone already using on the A1 factory microphone a good windjammer device. I call B & H but they were lost on this type of recommendation. I know that they are selling one for the Sony FX1 that could work but the is just my judgment by the website pictures. I would like to now the size of the FX1 mic to compare with my A1 mic or if there is any that you guys know that should work.

Hey guys recommendations please!

Thanks
I have recently bought the Special 60 Mini Windjammer made by Rycote. Fits very well & I like the drawsring cord which holds it tight in place & tucks nicely away inside.

Gareth
Gareth Trezise is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders