XH-A1 and operator with multifocal glasses at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:36 PM   #1
New Boot

XH-A1 and operator with multifocal glasses

I am considering XH-A1 for my next purchase. My question is, since I am wearing a multifocal glasses, does this cam has diopter control on the view finder that will allow me to remove my glasses and focus through viewfinder? Or shall I be looking for another cam? I understand that HDV camera is more difficult to focus.

Thanks.
Yobel Pembebasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

eye full

I wear tri-focals and the adjustment is good enough for me to look in my far and mid focal ranges. I haven't tried the near vision.
Gregg Havens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:52 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Havens View Post
I wear tri-focals and the adjustment is good enough for me to look in my far and mid focal ranges. I haven't tried the near vision.
Thanks for the reply Gregg

Does that mean you wear your glasses when shooting through viewfinder?
Yobel Pembebasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 03:05 PM   #4
Regular Crew

yep

I have only had the camera for a week and I have been doing a lot of test shots. I tend to use the LCD for most of my framing and set up. But in the sun light I find I can get a better view in the view finder. I have been looking at the ICUFF seen in other posts for use with the view finder.
My best no glasses focus is at about 18", so when I want a fine focus I use the view finder and my glasses. That way I can see clearly in the distance and quickly get the focus I want without taking the glasses off.
Gregg Havens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 05:09 PM   #5
Major Player

I wear no-line bifocals and have an awful time with the viewfinder of the XL2. The diopter adjustment can't adjust to correct for my nearsightedness. To see an in-focus image the viewfinder I have to wear my computer glasses. They have a fixed focal length that will work with the adjustment.

What works will depend on how bad your eyes are. Mine are pretty bad.
Peter Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 05:43 PM   #6
Contributor

I wear the same thing and I don't have any trouble focusing. I did buy the Sony eyecup, which I consider essential.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 09:47 AM   #7
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Wiley View Post
I wear no-line bifocals and have an awful time with the viewfinder of the XL2. The diopter adjustment can't adjust to correct for my nearsightedness. To see an in-focus image the viewfinder I have to wear my computer glasses. They have a fixed focal length that will work with the adjustment.

What works will depend on how bad your eyes are. Mine are pretty bad.

Mine are moving from bad to worse. :-p
Yobel Pembebasan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders