Rain cover bag for XH A1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old June 27th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #1
Major Player

Rain cover bag for XH A1

Hello everyone. I'm in the process of buying an A1 and am wanting to protect it from the elements. On B&H I found a camera bag and rain cover that I think would do the job but I am no expert. I also am concerned about using the A1 in moist conditions. For instance, after a rain storm when it is not raining but it is evaporating from the ground.

Petrol PCCB-2N - (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=399830&is=REG)

Your thoughts and suggestions are encouraged! If that is not a good choice please let me know!

Thank you!
-Terry.
Terry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 12:52 AM   #2
Major Player

Much much better solution :

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...n_Slicker.html
Eugene Presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 02:25 AM   #3
Major Player

I was at B&H recently, I tried both the PCCB-2N and RS-MXHAG1 the from Petrol. It took me quite some time to get them on the XHA1. The sale guys and some trouble too.In case if it rain during a shoot and I need at less 5mins to put this thing on, I think my camera will be swimming in water.And the PCCB-2n doesn't really fit the XHA1. you can't use the LCD screen with it.

I finally bought the kata RC14, which I find very easy to put on and I had easy access to the controls. But I should have gotten the RC15. Although it is for the Z1 and FX1. It fits the XHA1 too. It has more room for the hands to get to the controls and you see all the controls from outside.Both these product are cheaper than the Petrol

Last edited by David Chia; June 28th, 2007 at 03:05 AM.
David Chia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 02:32 AM   #4
Major Player

I'll second the RC14 option. Not super expensive, but great for what it needs to do.
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 09:19 AM   #5
Contributor

I got that Petrol bag which came with the free rain cover. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it would fit. I've always had trouble with rain covers, even the big ones for 2/3" chip cameras that come from the manufacturer. I carry plastic kitchen trash bags in my camera bag. I cut a slit in the bag for the lens and another for the viewfinder. Slip the bag over the camera. If the slits are cut the right length, they stretch nicely over the lens hood and viewfinder, or you can use rubber bands. It's easy to reach up under the upside down bag and hand hold the camera or shoot from a tripod.

Not very elegant, but I've done it for years when necessary, though I normally don't shoot in the rain. I also have one of those big golf umbrellas, which can be mounted on a C-stand. They're big enough for two people and a tripod.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders