Capturing from XH A1 using FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 8th, 2007, 09:43 PM   #1
Tourist

Capture Problems! 24f using FCP

Hello,

I've been trying to do a complete capture of a 60 minute HDV tape shot in 24f mode but every time I do it a signficant amount of time code breaks occur [roughly 15-20] even though on the tape there are no dropped frames. And it isn't just from turning the camera on and off. And I've been using the same brand tapes.

I should mention that I'm capturing to an external G Raid Hard drive and using a mac book pro [dual 2.16ghz intel] as my processor. What capture presets and codec should I be using [presently I'm using hdv1080 24p]? Could it be the firewire cables? Or is the mac book pro processor too slow for hdv? Please help...

Best
LJ
fcp 5.1

Last edited by Lorian James; July 9th, 2007 at 05:16 AM. Reason: number misprint
Lorian James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 11:15 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Same problem on GL1

I have a Canon GL1 that has the same problem when capturing into Avid Xpress Pro. I get dropped timecode that stops the capture, even though the timecode is okay when viewing on the camera. I have to let Avid create new time code in order to capture anything from that camera. I've been told that it is a Canon problem, and not a problem with my system. I capture timecode perfectly from my Sony PDX10 camera.
Robert Petersen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders