Anton Bauer & Mount at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old August 23rd, 2004, 05:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Anton Bauer & Mount

Does anyone know if you can use the same Anton Bauer gold-mount on the XL2 that fits the XL1s? Is there a new version required since the MA-100 or MA-200 does not fix the XL2 and from what I can remember it has its own support bracket?

Thanks
Hart Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2004, 09:40 AM   #2
ABCDV.com -- Top DV Resource

Well, I've seen pictures at http://www.dvxuser.com/articles/FirstXl2/ where it has an AB Hytron 50 mounted, so I guess it can be done.

On September 3rd, I have the chance to get a demo of the XL2 at a local dealer in Belgium (PAL ...). I will bring my own XL1, which uses AB Hytron 50 batteries, and I will certainly be checking the compatibility out, since I want to continue using my AB batteries and on-camera light.

I will also check out if it can be mounted 'more horizontally', not inclined like it is now. I would like to add an FS3 HDD recorder, between the AB battery and the Gold Mount. But with the current ergonomics, the total package would build up too high for my liking. So I will be seeing if the XL2 accessory mount can be adapted, or repclaced with a custom one, so such add-ons can be mounted more horizontally, if you understand what I mean.

I'll report back when I tried it ...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders