Anton Bauer Bricks? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old May 7th, 2005, 01:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Anton Bauer Bricks?

I was just wondering what sort of Anton Bauer setup I'd buy for the Xl2...I see all these options at Bhphotovideo and I'm not sure which one to get :)
Mike Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2005, 08:05 PM   #2
Trustee

I recently bit the bullett and bought the Anton bauer Dionic 90 brick, and the Titan charger. They were incredibly expensive ( $800 for the pair), but are high quality. I'm using a frezzi oc camera light also with the A/B.
One good thing was that I received a call from A/B a week after buying the set up...At least I git a kiss...
Bruce yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 01:01 AM   #3
Wrangler

One brick?? what happens when it runs out?
Old May 8th, 2005, 09:03 AM   #4
Trustee

I bought it to use primarily with the frezzi light. That way I don't have to wear the heavy battery belt ( i'm too old for the "pants falling down" hip hop look).I can still use my regular Canon batteries for the camera, and the brick for the light. when I'm not using the light, I can use either set up.
i wish i could justify a second brick, but i don't have the business yet.
bruce s. yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 10:32 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I'd like to add that unless you are using an on-board light of significant wattage, the battery he is talking about will power the camera for more than 11 hours! I have the HyTron 50 and it lasts for about 7 hours. I use the QR-XL1-C adapter (to hold the battery to the camera) and a Titan 70 which will charge the battery and also act as a power supply when plugged into an outlet.

The 945 will give about an hour +/- of run time and costs about $120.00 each. Multiply that by 11 you get $1320.00. Plus, you don't have to stop in the middle of a scene every hour to change a battery. Very important for event videography.

Dan

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders