FCP HD & XL-2 PAL at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old May 8th, 2005, 01:00 PM   #1
Tourist

FCP HD & XL-2 PAL

Hi,

I'd much appreciate some information on the XL-2 PAL version and the required settings in FCP (HD), for 16x9 and 4x3. Not even 24P, allthough those would be nice to have as well. I saw a few threads relating to this topic but they contained no useful information.

I also found that the XL-2 PAL version is not on "FCP's list of supported devices". What does that mean? That some preset is missing?

There's a myriad of possibilities and I thought things would settle in after a while, but I still find myself struggling with interlacing lines all the time.
Or with a situation where the material requires a render before you can view it.

I guess it's not possible to save 'environments' (like in logic audio) in fcp?
So I could just use a template. I'd need only 4 templates.

Any help much much appreciated,
Thanks,
Guus.
Guust Prick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 04:31 PM   #2
Wrangler

All this should be pretty straightforward. Go to the Final Cut Pro menu and choose "Easy Setup...". Click the checkbox that says "show all". You will see an option for PAL DV, PAL Anamorphic DV, PAL 24fps DV, etc. Choose the one you want and click the Setup button. This should cause all future sequences and projects to default to your choice until such time as you change it.

You can also choose/change the settings from the "Audio/Video Settings" dialog under the Final Cut Pro menu. If for some reason the default choices aren't doing what you want, then click the "Sequence Preset" tab in this dialog box. Duplicate the preset that comes closest to what you want, then edit to customize.

This should give you all the flexibility you need to create templates for your commonly used settings.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders