Larry Clark's "Wassup Rocker's" shot on XL2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old May 13th, 2006, 02:14 PM   #1
Major Player

Larry Clark's "Wassup Rocker's" shot on XL2

And the filmout to 35mm is incredible especially considering the source was MiniDV.
Check out clips and stuff there.
There is also an article in this month's Filmmaker magazine about the film and shooting with the XL2.

http://www.wassuprockers.net/
Eric Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #2
Major Player

Wow. 48 views and no comments on the quality of the XL2 filmout clips on Larry Clark's site? Ah, well...
Old May 14th, 2006, 02:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Unfortunately I only saw 4 clips on his site. They looked good to me, but nothing amazing. It's difficult to tell what a film out would look like on a small sample off of a website.

mg
Matthew Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 10:05 PM   #4
Major Player

True. The small screen doesn't tell all. But I'm going off of personal observations having seen it on the big screen. I was a bit stunned as going in to it I did not realize it had been shot with the XL2. The resolution on the big screen is impressive for a DV camera.
As far as what you saw on the site, I'm expressing my amazement more in how the resolution held up in a filmout, not so much fancy lighting or cinematography.
Old May 15th, 2006, 07:54 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I think the clips look pretty good. It just goes to show it can still be done with DV...
Brian K Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:16 AM   #6
Major Player

been reading up on this film a little bit, and i'm eager to see the 35mm projection. apparently, people who saw the film were absolutely floored when they heard it was entirely shot with multiple xl2s and not 35mm film. in any case, the footage looks impressive, and, reportedly, color correction and finishing just took it to another level.
Henry Cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:18 AM   #7
New Boot

I saw the trailer for this film last week before seeing 'The Proposition.'

Honestly, I did not even realize that this film was shot on digital. That's an accomplishment in itself! As for the apparent story...I'll withhold comment.
Guy Krenn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders