Shot with me new XL2 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old May 21st, 2006, 07:46 AM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coyne
Many thanks for the info. I guess at this point I'm just an artist looking for exposure. Ive snagged a couple of gigs and have had interest from a huge agency in LA from the youtube clips. When I really get a show going I'll be more careful where I expose myself. (insert joke here)

Cheers,
-Dave
Your impressions of Nicholson, Pesci, are deadly accurate. My other half said the Pesci mannerisms aren't quite as polished as Nicholson, but the voice is dead on.

Maybe you should pull the video off of YouTube because I see in the license terms posted above that the license terminates when you remove the content.

Keep us posted on your professional progress.

regards,

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 08:07 AM   #17
Wrangler

Ohh Dave, I see you're holding out on us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFnzKDFD9To

Also good for some laughs. Shot with the XL2 as well?

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 01:28 PM   #18
Major Player

Dave-

That's some good stuff. I enjoyed it very much!

Thanks
Tim Bickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 04:42 PM   #19
Major Player

Dave, spot on and hilarious impersonations! Get some serious drive behind that talent and you'll do very well.
Eric Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 06:55 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Yes Greg, also shot on the XL2. I was annoyed by the hot spot in the back so I wasn't so proud of it. Thanks for all the feedback. I've been in the Biz of show for a while and it's a tough racket though I've been moderately successlful. I've sold some stuff to IFC a while back and hosted a Discovery seg for a couple years but I'm only now taking advantage of the internet.

Cheers,
-dave
Dave Coyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:14 PM   #21
New Boot

That is the funniest thing i have seen in a while, you realy have a talent.
Chris Bottrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #22
New Boot

That was excellent! - You did it all? Awesome job!
George-
George Josol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 12:31 PM   #23
New Boot

Hilarious!! The Walken was eerily spot on
Bin Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #24
Major Player

Everybody loves Walken, but noone gives him credit for Bush! That was hilarious.

"If you mean if I"ve entered a competition where the american people vote for the winner...No."

Great stuff man.
Roger Rosales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 08:24 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Zimmerman
this is what it says, plus a lot of other crap.

'For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions. However, by submitting the User Submissions to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the YouTube Website and YouTube's (and its successor's) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the YouTube Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the YouTube Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Website and under these Terms of Service. The foregoing license granted by you terminates once you remove or delete a User Submission from the YouTube Website.'

I'm not a lawyer but it sounds like it can be used by other people

It's no different than sending your funny video to "America's Funniest Home Videos" show. It's just jib-jab so you can't clain they owe you royalties when they air it.
Adam Bray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders