Questions for my live shoot at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old March 13th, 2007, 12:11 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Questions for my live shoot

Hi, I'm getting ready to do a 3 camera shoot in a bar and have a couple questions for the good people of this list. Thanks in advance for your time and energy in responding.
===================
- In syncing the three cameras, I have to shoot in 30p instead of 24p since I can't use free run tc in 24p. I really want to shoot 24p. Am I missing a way to sync tc in 24p other than having my guys roll non-stop for 3 hours (sans tape change)?

I am about to ask for a good inside a bar, low light settings preset. I know what you're going to say..."Search the board." I know, I know. It didn't yield very many lengthy threads about low light settings. It did yield some, and they were quite helpful. I seem to remember one time there was a thread that all it had was presets. It was several pages long. It was like "What's your favorite preset?" Ring any bells? Here's what I'm using so far...please let me know if you have any ideas to make this better!
Gamma = 1
Knee = 1
Black = 2
NR = 3
VDetail = 1
Color Matrix = 1
Color Gain = 5
Color Phase = 5
Red = 4
Green = 4
Blue = 4
SetupLevel = -3
Sharpness = -4
Coring = 4
MasterPed = 1
Description =

Thanks to Tim Bickford for posting this a while back.

- I'm going to be pulling audio frmo a pa/mixer at the back of the club. It's going to be going right into the camera that will be at the back getting my wide shot. Anything special about the audio coming from the mixer? In the three years I've had this camera I've never pulled sound from a board at a live event. Just looking for a heads up. Or is it as easy as swith to my rear input and set a nice level?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders