Problem with service Focus Enhancements FS-C at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 07:25 PM   #1
Major Player

Problem with service Focus Enhancements FS-C

We recently shot a small feature on the XL-H1 using the Focus FS-C and also running tape for backup.

A good thing we ran the tape backup too: whenever there was a radical change of light level, such as an actor entering a dark room and switching on a practical lamp, the FS-C recorded a series of distorted frames and then a few frames of black.

This was only on the FS-C recording and not on the backup tape.

At the end of shooting I contacted Focus, ssent them examples of this fault and they asked me to send them the unit - which I did.

A couple of days ago I received the unit back from them. There was no note or explanation, nor did they email me. I assumed all was well and fixed.

So I emailed them to find out what had been wrong, and this is their reply:

"Hi Harry,

They ran multiple tests on the drive, reviewed the clips of corruption but unfortunately found no problem with the unit.

xxxxxx
Support
Focus Enhancements".

I think that's astonishingly bad treatment of me as a user.

Is this typical of them?

Perhaps someone on this board can direct me to a person higher up the food chain at Focus who would be more courteous and willing to help me get this - their faulty unit - fixed.

I look forward to hearing from one of you people out there.

Best

Harry.
Harry Bromley-Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2020, 07:33 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: Problem with service Focus Enhancements FS-C

Good morning, I have foscus fs-c, does anyone know how to change the internal 2.5 "hard drive, exploded focus fs-c manual.

Thanks a lot.
Jose Manuel Mahedero is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders