Grainy/noisy video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old November 24th, 2009, 01:07 AM   #16
Regular Crew

No noise video

I promise, with the XL-H1 if you set the gain to -3, and adjust your iris for your shot after that you will have no noise or "grain". Everything i shoot is set on -3 for that exact reason. You may think,"but in the real world there just isn't enough light to shoot with those settings!" Well those are your choices -3 no noise, low light or 0-+3 and noisy as hell.
Joe Batt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 04:57 PM   #17
Starway Pictures

Dion Bebee, the DP for "Collateral" and "Miami Vice", said that most people will tolerate excessive noise in the image provided that faces of the characters are not noisy. I would agree.
Robert Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 01:59 AM   #18
Regular Crew

I think its true people will be ok with a grainy background, I just saw fight club on blue ray and the night scenes are so grainy you wouldn't believe it! you don't see any grain in that movie in SD.
Joe Batt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders