EVF Technical question - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old December 10th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Good evening,

I love my xlh1a. the only weakness of the camera was the efv, such low resolution.

1. went to the fu 1000 and that helped alot, but is not a complete awnser!!

2. I mounted a Small hd dp1 viewfinder on the back metal battery mount and this has helped immensely!!!\\

3. The peaking is an asset, but it is not accurate enough in my book, seems best to go past and pull back on my system, and I still get the odd soft focus!!!

4. The maginifier only works when you have lots of time

I use all of these at the same time when things are critical. I use the rear mount for in the blind fiming wildlife, and I use a side mount when filming an event.

If Canon would make a view finder as good as the current sony view finders the camera would be unbeatable!!!!!

I do not really like the cmos camcorders, so a better viewfinder on the xlh1 would be GRAND!!!
Old December 10th, 2010, 06:54 PM   #17
Major Player

I agree... I love my Canon XLH1S. And ever since I added a Nanoflash to the camera, it has impressed me even more. Every client has been more than pleased with footage from this camera.

If ever a better color viewfinder came out for this camera, I'd buy it in a second.
Michael Galvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #18
Major Player

Hear Hear !! I second that Michael !
Old December 21st, 2010, 11:39 AM   #19
Major Player

Hey Dale,

Could you provide some details about this hd dp1 viewfinder? (Where to buy, how to hook up etc.).
Sounds like just the ticket.

Merry Christmas,

Steve
Steve Siegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #20
Major Player

Well its not a viewfinder, but rather an 8" external monitor. Not exactly a replacement for the current XL viewfinder, but a very viable solution...
Old January 18th, 2011, 07:25 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Any news, would love an upgrade solution :)
Carl Ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 04:13 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Re: EVF Technical question

my my, how time passes without notice...
frankly, i didnt pay too much efforts in the investigation of the evf, just took it apart, take some pics and notes then put it all back together.
the camera is more of an hobby to me both photographically and electronically as i am both photography hobbyist and electronics engineer as profession so i enjoy both worlds.
i do remember i could not identify the components inside to reverse engineer the way it works, but i will give it another try in the following days, maybe i will come up with something new.
is there any one else here that has relation/knowledge in electronics that can help ?
if i'll find datasheet of the LRS5754 by Sharp, it will be possible to match a better LCD for the camera. there is also another number on the current lcd module which is 5J001638W which may be a serial number rather than part number - i didnt want to disassemble the module further than what did already so this is the current info i know...
Yalon Benhabib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #23
Major Player

I'm glad this still lives on!

:)
Old April 30th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #24
Regular Crew

yes it is, although i still cant find any info about this LRS5754 chip which is the key for progress...
Yalon Benhabib is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders