Playback of HVR-Z1u HDV tapes on XLH1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old January 16th, 2006, 06:03 PM   #16
Trustee

Shawn where did you get the superspeed set from? After using the adapter with the camera I was convinced that I would never use the included lens again. But the price point for the superspeeds made it seem like it was going to be a rental item for a while.
Old January 16th, 2006, 10:12 PM   #17
Major Player

Nick (per the super speeds),

I got lucky and caught them from a reseller. I hesitated on the offer, as they didn't know much about the set (MK1, MK2, etc), which ended up costing me money in the end. Demand came in late for the set, and I took a gamble and met the price (plus a bit) for what a full MK1 set would be. They turned out to be MKII's in very good shape. I missed out on the 85, but have the 18, 25, 35 and 50.

I've only had the 50 for a few days, and the others for a few hours. I'm incredibly fond of them. I had been using Canon EF L series lenses until now (and still will here and there).

Still paid a small fortune on them - $3K and change a piece, but I believe they're worth it. As I understand, it's on par or just under what is market price for MKII's in very good condition.

Report is that MKII's are very hard to find now to purchase.

I'm proud to have a solid set of them. Plan to use and rent, but with caution.

Rented my HD100 out for a national corporate set of shoots last month - paid for the majority of the cam, but it got smashed on a plane on the last shoot. They make more HD100's - I'd cry losing the German glass....

I really want to take the plunge on the H1 and get the mini35 relay for it. Seems like scattered results with the mini35, but pretty kick butt without. Hard gamble... but it worked for the glass anyway...
Shawn Alyasiri is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders