XL H1 Custom Presets Download Library - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old October 18th, 2006, 02:13 PM   #31
Regular Crew

hi,

can someone help me create a look that will closely resembel the look of a sony Z1.

i dont have access to the Z1 so i'm finding it difficult.
Charles Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2006, 11:01 AM   #32
Regular Crew

reading cpf files

Can anyone tell me what application to use to open a cpf file on a mac?
Thanks.
Larry Kamerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #33
Regular Crew

cpf files

Sorry about that. Didn't read the beginning of the post thoroughly. Understand what to do now.
Larry Kamerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 06:29 PM   #34
Major Player

Presets onto Stick?

I sorry for being such a Newb, but can someone please direct me to a link on how to download these presets into my camera? I know they have to start on the stick (which is where I am loosing it). Once there, it must be in a directory called Preset and that can then get transgered into the H1. I just dont get how to get these presets onto the memory stick. I know I can enter each individually, but since you all worked so hard on making them Presets, I figure its the least I can do to download them :-)

Thank you!
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2007, 01:47 PM   #35
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Technically it's 20 presets on the card, but there's a very cool trick which bypasses that limitation... see my post called "Practically no limit to CP files on SD card" here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=55137
Chris. I followed the link and read everything in manual. Are the files stored here accessible directly from CP buutons or are these essentially just stored?

In other words you can only really store 20 and access them directly....right?

Edit:Okay....so can you only access the 6 presets in the cameras ROM? I was thinking that if you had some on the card you could access them directly.....like it would becomne preset 7-10 or whatever.....I am thinking I am wrong though. I never setup more than six so I never had to worry about this until now!

Thanks.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #36
Inner Circle

Dear Marty,

I am doing this from memory.

If you have the option set that stores the preset with any photos that you take, then you can recall and display that photo.

Then you can load that preset (the one associated with that one photo) into your camera.
Old January 12th, 2007, 11:58 AM   #37
Major Player

I was just playing with my new presets (found here) yesterday. As memory serves (camera is at home), I had access to 7 presets from the the H1's memory, AND 10 that I had on the SD card. So flipping through the presets, it first gave me the camera's presets, then went through the card's presets too.
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 05:58 PM   #38
Major Player

I have 6 on Camera and 20(ish) on the card,
John Benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 04:41 AM   #39
New Boot

I would also appreciate a Z1 preset. Have to do a shoot Feb 8th with an XL2 and a Z1. Would like the best balance possible.

Thank you
Martin
Martin Downer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 08:06 AM   #40
Inner Circle

Hey Marty!

I have 10 presets on on the card in my camera. When I go through the presets just hitting the preset button, it will go through the 6 that are built into the camera memory (1-6) and then start again with number one from the card, (1-10). I haven't looked to see if I can renumber the ones on the card, I'll have to try that today. I got a new 1 gig card, so will put that in and play with it today.

Haven't tried directly accessing them, just have not had the need. Easy to push that little button.

Just remember to follow Chris's instructions above and have a folder with the exact name of PRESET all in caps.

Mike
Old January 17th, 2007, 08:49 AM   #41
Inner Circle

Marty

I don't know if I'm reading your question correctly, but here's what I just found.

I renumbered the presets on my card, and added some new ones. I started with number seven, in order to come right after the six in the camera. Worked fine, with one expection. The camera will not recognize any number higher that 20. So, presets 21, 22, etc. simply don't come up, it just stops at 20. So if you want 20 presets on your card, then you need to number them 1-20.

Don't know if that helps you or not.

Mike
Old January 17th, 2007, 12:45 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Also maybe a little off topic (dunno? ;o) ... but has anyone ever tried/used an MMC card in the H1's SD card slot?! I've read a number of times that SD card slots are downwarts compatible with MMC cards and I got a spare dual voltage MMC card that I'd like to use for preset storing/loading (don't own an H1 myself - yet - but going to rent one next week for a shoot) ... just wanted to ask if anybody (successfully or non-successfully) tried one of these or if the cam really can only access SD cards. Thanks a bunch!

Btw. great service providing all the nice presets here... :)
Soeren Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 01:22 PM   #43
Inner Circle

Why take a chance on an expensive camera?

A 1GB SD card is very inexpensive these days and will provide more than enough storage.
Old January 17th, 2007, 01:33 PM   #44
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton
Why take a chance on an expensive camera?

A 1GB SD card is very inexpensive these days and will provide more than enough storage.

I agree with Dan. I just bought my new 1 gig card at CCity for $19.00 after mail-in rebate.

Mike
Old January 17th, 2007, 01:40 PM   #45
Regular Crew

Of course you're right... I was just curious... as I had this one around and have no use for it anymore. I don't have any other device which uses SD cards... it wasn't about cost, more about "recycling"... ;)
I wouldn't use it for anything else than preset swapping so I'd buy a 1 gig SD card, use a few bytes of it and not use it for anything else - which seemed kinda weird to me...
Soeren Mueller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders