Firestore Voucher - XLH1 Six City Tour at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old August 10th, 2006, 12:58 PM   #1
Tourist

Firestore Voucher - XLH1 Six City Tour

I'm wondering a few things about the Firestore FS-4 Pro rebate that Canon gave away on the six city tour. After attending the event, I purchased my H1 during the specified time and sent off my firestore rebate card from the tour.

Has anyone successfully done this? Actually received the firestore DTE recorder after attending the event, purchasing an H1, and sending in the rebate card?

(I know there's a pretty long wait specified on the rebate card, something like up to 12 weeks, so I'm not incredibly suprised that it hasn't arrived yet. But it seems the people on the phone at the third party rebate center are only capable of saying "Sorry sir, we have no information to provide at this time, please check back in a few weeks." A few weeks = a couple months now.

Any Firestore Rebate success stories out there?
Thanks for any help on this.
Lonnie Waterloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 01:33 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Lonnie,

Mine is currently in the "Fulfilling Reward" stage.

You can go to:

http://app.parago.com/promocenter/rebateshq/track.html

Enter your name, and Zip code.

I originally received a notice that my serial number of the XL H1 was incorrect. As instructed I had sent in both bar code labels from the XL H1 package. One contains the UPC code and the other the serial number.

When the processing center entered my serial number from the bar code label, they entered it incorrectly.

Then I received an email or postcard stating the problem.

After contacting the center at 1-888-221-4692 they were able to resolve the problem. I was then told I needed to wait 6 to 8 weeks from the time they corrected their problem. This time period has not elapsed, so I do not have the unit yet.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders