Need lighting for the H1 help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old January 29th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #1
Major Player

Need lighting for the H1 help

This is a test video we threw together to try out the H1 in the house that will eventually be getting redone, and hopefully filmed. We had minimal sunlight (predusk and mostly blocked windows to avoid blue hues) and only a 500 bulb,200bulb, and i think a 300 watt work light, diffused through some plastic sheeting. If you look carefully you can see a bit of grain in there (though QT seems to have blurred the image a bit). I`m not sure the amount of lumens the lights put out, but we are trying to figure out how many lights do you think we will need to eliminate the grain? I don`t think professional lighting kits are in the budget, but about %60+ of the renovations will be indoors with dark hardwood all over.

Also, this was with the included 20 x lense. That room is huge, and i had to back all the way into the corner to be able to see that much. Are there other lenses that can see more without being so far away? I have heard wide angle lenses help, but distort the image quite a bit

http://www.kiukle.com/temp/floor_barrier.zip
9 megs
Old January 29th, 2007, 01:08 PM   #2
Major Player

Could just be me, but I'm getting an error when I try to unzip your file.
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2007, 01:30 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Roddy
Could just be me, but I'm getting an error when I try to unzip your file.

hmm i tried using the option for winzip to optimize its zipping, i shut that off and rezipped it and reuploaded

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders