Conference video requires video out from XL1 for large screen projection at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old February 17th, 2004, 12:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Conference video requires video out from XL1 for large screen projection

Hi folks

I'm going to be videoing the closing ceremony for a local conference soon and one of the requirements is to set up a large screen so that folks in the back can see what is happening on the podium and stage. I will be using the XL1 to tape the event and would like to know if I can use the RCA video line out or the S-Video to feed a video signal to a projector that will be projecting onto the large screen. What about the EVF stuff that I see in the viewfinder? Will that also be sent out to the projector?

Thanks
Norman Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2004, 12:39 PM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Norman,

We provided a live feed to a large screen in an overflow room for a banquet last year. S-video worked really well, and no one saw the information showing in my XL1s viewfinder. Hopefully, they'll be using a powerful projector at the conference.

Just a side-note from my mistakes: make sure you're using AC, not batteries. I gave up my access to someone else and used my big battery--it drained very quickly and I had to replace it during a speech! And don't believe them when they give you a time estimate--seems like it always goes longer than the tape you're using.

You're going to have time to test before the crowd arrives?
Lorinda Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2004, 01:03 PM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

Yes it will work fine. To get rid of the view screen display, either press the "on screen" or "data" button on a LANC controller OR use the remote control that came with the camera.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2004, 01:03 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Be sure to bring the remote for the XL1. You can only turn of the screen info with the "on screen" button.
Scott Burbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2004, 02:55 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Folks

This will work when I'm recording to tape at the same time, right? Not just in playback mode.

Thanks for the quick responses.
Norman Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2004, 03:05 PM   #6
Sponsor: JET DV

Yes, it will work while recording to tape.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog