Is this a scam to? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old August 3rd, 2002, 08:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Is this a scam to?

Hi Gang,

First of all I want to thank everyone for all of their advice and wisdom since I have signed up here. So it is once again I come seeking guidance. Have any of you ever been faced with this? If so, is it another scam to be wary of?

if you are interested there is a very simple and secure way to end this deal in good terms for both of us so that you will get your goods and I can get my money. The best way to send money from one country to another is to send them by Westernunion.I chose this service because it is the fastest and with the method that I am proposing to you,the safest,so here it is:You send the money to your friend's name and my address so I can check
it.If evertything is ok I will imediately shipp it to you via UPS.It will arrive to you in maximum 2-3 days.To check if the money exist I need the sender's name and address ,receiver's name( and my address ),the MTCN and the amount that you send.If you want
you can keep it 2-3 days to test it and if you like it you change the receiver's name with my name so I can pick up the money.

Thanks again everyone! I really appreciate it!

-SL
SammyLeopold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2002, 10:02 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Yes, it looks very much like a scam to me, you should avoid this at all costs. Once again, I can't stress enough how important it is to avoid Ebay and make your camera purchase through an authorized dealer such as our DV Info Net Community Sponsors. Save yourself the heartbreak and the money. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2002, 10:19 AM   #3
Regular Crew

A rule of thumb Sammy, If in douht, Don't.

Peter.
Peter Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2002, 01:11 PM   #4
Warden

Almost all the Western Union proposals are scams. No legitimate person or dealer needs to do business via Western Union.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2002, 12:27 AM   #5
Wrangler

Yes, it's a scam.
I've seen it before, and I actually phoned Western Union to see if it was safe. They said it sounded pretty sketchy. Then I did a little more checking on the internet and it hit all kinds of red flags. The guy I saw doing it was selling Canon XL1's for about $1300us.

What a bargain, how could you go wrong? :)

Anyway, like everyone above says, leave it alone.
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog