Lens support at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old March 6th, 2010, 03:11 AM   #1
New Boot

Lens support

Hi all, I need some advise, I have an xl1's and use the canon EF adapter to enable me to use SLR lenses, what lens support would be the best to use, I am going away filing next week so as a temporary measure I got a manfrotto 293, which does the job ok, long term I have been looking at Mike tappa's lens support system, Any other options?
Also what I have noticed is that when using the EF adapter it sets the slr lense slightly to the right, which makes the support sit at an angle, will this be a problem even with Mike tappas support system? can I get a straight through lens adapter (ie: not canon EF) just purely an adapter with no glass in it?

Hope that all makes sense, any help would be great thanks

mark
Mark S. Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog