Headphones, what to buy? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old March 26th, 2003, 08:09 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Josh, I think Keith has it right: Go for a pair that covers your ears snugly, and sits comfortably yet snugly.
I've got a pair of Sennheiser HD 25s which I use with my PD150 and a Shure FP33 mixer unit. I've found them very rugged, very dependable, good in high ambient noise situations, and comfortable to wear for extended periods of time (which is saying a lot in North Indian summer conditions - 42 to 47 celsius May through June!)
And, oh, the sound quality is simply fabulous - it's a pleasure to use them with agood mic lic the Sennheiser 416!
My two bits...
Ram
Ram Nagarajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2003, 12:02 PM   #17
Slash Rules!

Sounds good. What are we lookin' at money wise here?
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2003, 08:05 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Ooh, now you've aked the dangerous question! :-)
I think the HD-25 is available for about US$250 (need to check on this - while I try to get more accurate figures, you could ask your local distributor. You can get a name and contact details, as well as more info at http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm_eng.nsf/root/products_headphones_professionals_02976?Open&row=7
(this is the link to the HD-25 page on the Sennheiser site)
There is a lower cost version of this headphone availabel called the HD-25SP...but I wasn't very happy with it. That one's for about US$100 - 125.
They do have several other headphones - even if you are on a budget, I'd recommend you try out some Sennheisers. I've been using them for a long time, and they've never given me trouble.
Hope this helps!
Ram
Ram Nagarajan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog