2 receivers? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old March 24th, 2003, 12:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

2 receivers?

Are there receivers out there that can accept several inputs from various mics? Or is it typical for there to be one receiver for each mic?

I am considering several audio situations in a wedding scenario.
I will mic a groom, I will mic the church background sound including music, I will place a mic at any podium for speakers or passage readers, and probably have a directional shotgun.

What's a good setup for this kind of situation? I plan to use 3 cameras. Right and left alter positions, and a camera at the back of the church.

Plus I want back up or redundancy.

Thanks in advance,
Mark
Old March 24th, 2003, 04:56 AM   #2
Wrangler

Azden offers a modest cost 2-channel (can do 2 mics) receiver, the WR-22. It is not diversity. As you have noted, most wireless systems are one mic per receiver.
Don Palomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2003, 05:38 AM   #3
Capt. Quirk

I have that Azden setup with lapel mics. It's not bad. I have had little trouble out of it, and the reception is pretty clear.
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2003, 01:40 PM   #4
Warden

I have a friend with the dual channel Azden and he’s had nothing but trouble with the design. He can get on channel fairly clear (considering the design) but the second channel has always been problematic. He has returned the units to Azden and the dealer and just can’t seem to get equal performance out of the system.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2003, 12:58 PM   #5
Wrangler

If you decide to use two wireless, I would use a pair ew112p or the like. I really think the series 100 is a great system.

Some people have suggested using a minidisk to capture audio from, wherever. Another option is to use Canon 4-track. This allows you to use the on-board mic with the wireless mics on the sub channels.

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog