Lightwave Products at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old April 19th, 2007, 07:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Lightwave Products

Has any one had any experiences with Lightwave Video products, here is a link please let me know any experiences good or bad!

http://www.lightwavesystems.com/prod...on/default.asp
http://www.lightwavesystems.com/
Old April 21st, 2007, 01:51 PM   #2
Major Player

I have the mic shock mount and the windscreen on one of my XL1s cameras. They are both wonderful! My other XL1s is stock. I get plenty of zoom motor noise on it. I think most of that noise is transmitted through the chassis of the camera.

Big difference bewteen the two cameras in a breeze.
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:33 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Ok, I just received all 3 pieces available for the XL1s and let me tell you... WOW!!! What a difference a day makes! The only concern I have is that when I add my MA-200 that I will not be able to see in the viewfinder because of the length the shock extender gives the camera. Any experience with this anyone?
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:50 PM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Mayne View Post
Ok, I just received all 3 pieces available for the XL1s and let me tell you... WOW!!! What a difference a day makes! The only concern I have is that when I add my MA-200 that I will not be able to see in the viewfinder because of the length the shock extender gives the camera. Any experience with this anyone?
Dang, wish I had known you were looking cause I have all three of those pieces and I need to sell them since I don't have my XL cameras anymore. Can't tell you about the MA-200 as I had the MA-100 but it all worked really well together.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007, 11:09 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Bought on piece used from B&H, one new from B&H, and one new from Amazon... Wish I would have know as well, would love to help ya out!
Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:29 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Any one used these with the Camkote? Just wondering if they will work in conjunction with each other?
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:01 AM   #7
Major Player

Lightwave MM Minimount

I use the minimount on a Z1 and it virtually elminates camera noise, which was a huge problem last summer in Guatemala. It is a great investment.
Jack D. Hubbard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog