outdoor low light=bad video. Tips? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old February 28th, 2002, 12:21 AM   #16
Regular Crew

look thriugh your view finder on manual mode you should see your lightmeter
Dan O'Bannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2002, 08:50 AM   #17
Major Player

"Murderized"

Ken, and folks,

Sorry to take so much time in responding to your inquiry. I travel out of country a good deal; and, therefore, not available to the web. No. It really is not available world wide.

To answer your question, Ken, about CCD overexposure. I believe there is one common way that this can happen: Pointing the lens into the sun.

In spite of rumor's that you can do that,…… DON'T!!! The register, will overload and damage your chips. If you need a reasonable tech explanation of how light gets to your tape, I would suggest that you read the article in the ASC Video manual. It is quite readable, with out killing your interest.

I would think that the above is not camcorderlady's problem. One solution to narrowing down the cause, might be to fire up the camera using an AC adapter. Than, turn it off, and, replace the AC with your DC battery.
Might not see any difference……, but, you never know.

As always, once you can isolate the beast of a problem, the repair can be made much quicker.

(MURERIZED: a brooklyn expression, (where else), still in use by us expatriates. We learns good there.)

Best.
Robert J. Wolff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog