DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   CineForm and Sony Vegas 8 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/103609-cineform-sony-vegas-8-a.html)

David Newman September 6th, 2007 09:11 PM

We still haven't got tools from Red yet to add support. Need RedAlert and RedCine when that is out, and some r3d files would be nice.

Serge Victorovich September 8th, 2007 11:54 AM

sorry, wrong thread

Mark Woollard September 10th, 2007 03:51 AM

David, I too am interested in NEO supporting 32-bit float in Vegas Pro 8.

Mark Duckworth September 10th, 2007 09:44 AM

Vegas Pro 8 Not Recognizing Cineform

I cannot drop any video onto the timeline that uses the cineform codec (audio only no video). In the preview I get the video stream attributes cannot be determined. Vegas 7 is still running good. Trouble ticket here I come.

Steven Thomas September 10th, 2007 09:57 AM

Let us know if you get your issue fixed.

If it's a Cineform issue with Vegas 8, I'll have to hold off from upgrading to Vegas 8.
On the other hand, it seems odd that Cineform would have an issue. Especially since I imagine the problem would of been caught with the Vegas 8 beta testers.

Mark Duckworth September 10th, 2007 10:01 AM

Since I installed Quicktime 7.2 (I really hated to do that) Vegas Pro 8 will now recognize a Cineform file if its a .mov but still nothing if its an .avi

David Newman September 10th, 2007 10:02 AM

Yes CineForm components are working fine in Vegas 8. Re-install your CineForm product as it sounds like you simply missing the CineForm VFW codec.

Mark Duckworth September 10th, 2007 10:17 AM

Uninstalled, re-installed. Still the same. I even recaptured some footage. once in .mov and once in avi. the .mov are fine but it does not recognize the .avi files. I am using the latest version of NEO HD. I even encoded a test file in VP8 to a Cineform .avi with no problem.

David Newman September 10th, 2007 10:35 AM

See if you can load an AVI into VirtualDub as that is VFW only for AVI, like Vegas. As I know Vegas 8 works fine, you may also want to try Sony's support. This is the release version not a beta I hope?

Mark Duckworth September 10th, 2007 10:44 AM

works fine in VDub. Download VP8 from sonymediasoftware today.

Michael Mann September 10th, 2007 10:53 AM

It doesn't work for me, either.
I just rendered an HDV clip to Cineform (Vegas 8-default) and tried to load the render back into the Vegas 8-session: Only audio is imported.

Mark Duckworth September 10th, 2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Mann (Post 742011)
I just rendered an HDV clip to Cineform (Vegas 8-default) and tried to load the render back into the Vegas 8-session: Only audio is imported.

I did the same test. Same results. Trouble ticket in. Going to bed. Check back tomorrow. Feel free to take the point, Michael.

Bill Ravens September 10th, 2007 03:49 PM

same problem, here. all cineform intermediates are unreadable. doesn't matter if they were generated by HDLink or within Vegas 8.

Steven Thomas September 10th, 2007 08:58 PM

This is extremely bad news.
I was hoping to upgrade from NEO HDV to NEO HD to benefit using Vegas 8 new 32bit video engine. It looks like I'm waiting on both.

David Newman September 10th, 2007 09:30 PM

It is working in the very last beta, so something may have happened in the gold master, our Sony contacts are still returning from IBC (tomorrow), so we intent to get to the bottom of this soon. We hope that there is a simple workaround until Sony addresses the bug.