DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   CineForm and Sony Vegas 8 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/103609-cineform-sony-vegas-8-a.html)

Marc Salvatore September 10th, 2007 11:22 PM

For what's it's worth I'm using Neo captured files that were converted in HDLink using "High quality" and "Vegas Smart Rendering". My NEO demo just expired but I installed the free player and have been editing all day in Vegas 8 with no problems.

Marc

Kris Bird September 11th, 2007 04:06 AM

I installed the Trial and dragged in some cineform avis to try it out, no problems whatsoever. Not an exhaustive test of different cineform file types (i.e. vegas cineform intermediates vs hdlink vs hdlink smart render), but it all appeared to work.

Mark Duckworth September 11th, 2007 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Bird (Post 742412)
I installed the Trial. . .

Which one? NEO HD or NEO HDV?

Jim Day September 11th, 2007 08:05 AM

Add me to the list. I'm using NEO-HDV and the avi's show up in Vegas 8 Pro with audio only; no video.

Chris Barcellos September 11th, 2007 09:42 AM

Guys. I have Neo HDV, and I loaded Vegas 8 trial. I then loaded a 7 project. Which included Cineform files. Everything is smooth as silk, and play, previewing, and rendering fine !!

James Campbell September 11th, 2007 10:38 AM

I purchased Vegas 8, and loaded a file with dozens of intermediates from Neo and there's been no problems at all.

David Newman September 11th, 2007 10:55 AM

Thank you for the positive reports, so it is not all failing. For those how are have troubles, please sent your system and software details to both CineForm & Sony Vegas support. We know it is on Sony end, but CineForm might be able to help.

Bill Ravens September 11th, 2007 02:59 PM

The following has been posted to both Sony and Cineform Tech Support:

I have Cineform NEO HDV version 3.10(cineform HD codec 3.2.6) installed and have generated Cineform Imtermediate files with Vegas 7. Vegas 8 does not recognize the video stream, however, it recognizes the audio stream, only. I've generated a cineform intermediate from within Vegas 8, and, I experience the same problem not recognizing the video stream.

More info: I have Vegas 8 installed on another computer which does not have NeoHDV installed. On this machine, I can successfully generate a CF Intermediate file (default Vegas 8 cineform HD codec is version 2.8.)

It appears the problem is reading Cineform Intermediates generated with cineform HD codec version 3.10

Jim Day September 11th, 2007 03:30 PM

Just another fact to add to my post above. I still have Vegas 7 on the same computer at Vegas 8 Pro and the files generated from NeoHDV still play fine (both audio and video) in Vegas 7, but only audio in Vegas 8 Pro.

By the way, if I try and play the files in Premiere Pro CS3 (also on the same computer), I get the same results as I do in Vegas 8 Pro (audio only and black screen).

David Newman September 11th, 2007 04:14 PM

We are at CineForm, and none of the Vegas-8 beta testers, seem to be having any problems. I even tried installing NEO HDV of the version you have, and it all works fine. That means we need more information and Sony will need it as well, the question is what info.

One thing to try is renaming the cfhd.dll that Sony ships (located in C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 8.0), this is not compatible with newer v3 CFHD files, but it should not be used unless your registry is messed up somehow. Removing this component should force the usage on the NEO version located in WINDOW\system32.

Marc Salvatore September 11th, 2007 04:43 PM

David,

I'm one of the ones not having problems and FWIW I had the NEO 3.05 demo installed and now the free Neo Player.

Marc

Bill Ravens September 11th, 2007 04:59 PM

David...

I disabled the CFHD.dll that shipped with V8. This seems to have solved the problem. ;o)

David Newman September 11th, 2007 05:07 PM

Bill, please report that to Sony, as they should be detecting the newer CFHD.dll in system32 and not loading their older one.

Mark Duckworth September 11th, 2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ravens (Post 742775)
David...

I disabled the CFHD.dll that shipped with V8. This seems to have solved the problem. ;o)

I did the same, works fine now. I will send the info along to Sony.
Great work, David.

Steven Thomas September 11th, 2007 08:23 PM

Ok, now that you all disabled Sony's own CFHD.DLL, is the new cineform version available to render from the timeline?

Good call David.