Prem Pro 3: playback jumps to last frame at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 14th, 2007, 08:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Prem Pro 3: playback jumps to last frame

When I try to play a cinefrom avi in the timeline [Cineform project] it skips immediately to the last frame of the clip.
Searched the forum but couldn't find it, because I am sure I have read about this a couple of months ago.
Anyone?
Gildo Houtekamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 10:17 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Which CineForm software? What clip type? Does the same clip do it when when it a different drive or path? Sort questions support will require of you when you file a ticket over a www.cineform.com/support.
Old October 14th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #3
Trustee

I'm sorry to say but this is an issue that crops up with Cineform and Premiere very often. I have seen it regularly in Premiere Pro 1.5 and Premiere Pro 2.0 only when using Aspect HD (different versions over the course of 18months). It appears it has followed to Cs3 also.

David has said in the past that it is usually caused by something wrong in the timeline. I can never seem to find anything wrong and I usually have to save the project, create a new Premiere Project with the same settings and then import the old project to get around this glitch.

I will say that on 1 or 2 occasions I have added a clip to the timeline and immediately started getting this glitch. I immediately hit undo and the glitch goes away. I sometimes have to make a minor edit to the clip before I import it and it will work. So there is something that cineform doesn't like about the clip being added, but I don't know what it is exactly.

What I do know is that Premiere Pro 2.0 and CS3 have "never" done this to me when editing in native HDV mode. So I am 99% sure that there is something about the Cineform plug-in that causes this, or at the very least, exposes a bug in the adobe software.

Good Luck.

Marty
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 10:56 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Marty,

There are fewer and fewer senarios that cause this now. We try not to except things that just happen, and want to get to the bottom of it. Jump to the end does mean that something is bad on the timeline, it could be a bad clip or a bad path, or something, but it is always something. We just fixed one in CS3, which handing our plug-in a corrupt path (Adobe has added it to their bug list.)
Old October 14th, 2007, 11:14 AM   #5
Major Player

Hey guys,

I've actually seen that quite a bit without Cineform, in PP1.5 & 2.0. I've actually not seen that happen since I bought Cineform. :D

C
Carl Middleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Re-importing the project in a new one as Marty suggested, didn't fix the issue.
I am trying to recapture to see what happens.
To be clear: Using the trial -and latest- version of Aspect HD.
All help appreciated by the way
Old October 14th, 2007, 01:42 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Recapturing showed some serious issues; no clips could be captured without error messages.
Guess I'll have to look deeper into this matter regarding the pc.
Old October 14th, 2007, 04:12 PM   #8
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Sounding more like a local disk or PC issue. Start with HDLink capturing M2T files, and work your way up to AVIs through conversion, then real-time AVI capture, to help work out what is failing.
Old October 14th, 2007, 05:26 PM   #9
Trustee

Everyone's experience is different. I guess I just have had the misfortune of it happening during CIneform projects only. Haven't seen it with native presets.

However I will say this happens primarily when I am doing motion graphic work. Not a lot of true video, more of a create short commercials out of Illustrator titles, PSD files and qt jumpbacks. That is when it usually rears is ugly head. Most true "video" editing doesn't cause this issue. At least for me so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Middleton View Post
Hey guys,

I've actually seen that quite a bit without Cineform, in PP1.5 & 2.0. I've actually not seen that happen since I bought Cineform. :D

C
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #10
Trustee

Hard to nail it down. That last time it happened is when I applied a simple CF crossfade. I undid the last step and continued to edit. Came back reapplied and rendered. Strange.
Old October 15th, 2007, 05:02 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Following up the steps from David.
Posting results later on.
Thanks to all you guys!
Old October 17th, 2007, 12:43 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Update:
The pc was infected with a virus, after cleaning everything is working well now, capturing and playback in Premiere Pro like i am used to.
Many thanks for help.
Gildo Houtekamer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase