Neat Video Noise Filter - Is my issue related to Cineform? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 9th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #1
Major Player

Neat Video Noise Filter - Is my issue related to Cineform?

I purchased the Neat Video Noise Filter last year. I love it. I shoot a lot of video in dark areas and have to use a lot of gain. This filter has been GREAT!

I just upgraded from XP to Vista Ultimate 64bit. I did a complete re-install of all my software. The noise filter does not work on cineform files. However, it does work on the standard def AVI files and the test video file that NEat Video offers on their web site.

The strange thing is that it works on my laptop with Vista 32bit version with cineform files. I have the folks at Neat Video working on this. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts?

Thanks...
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #2
Regular Crew

This is a known issue not related to Cineform. Somebody else in Premiere forum has same issue with Vista64
Deniz Ahmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deniz Ahmet View Post
This is a known issue not related to Cineform. Somebody else in Premiere forum has same issue with Vista64
Well that's pretty interesting, because I have Vista x64 and the most recent versions of Neat Video and it works fine with both After Effects CS3 and Vegas Pro 8.0. Of course, each Neat Video version is different, depending on the NLE/compositing software that you are using it with. It is a bit surprising to me that the AE version would work fine and the Premiere version wouldn't under Vista x64. I suspect that it's more of an OS/hardware setup issue.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase