Neo Scene -- various topics - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 25th, 2009, 01:31 PM   #61
Tourist

I am now having problems with Cineform playback on both Source and Program monitors, regardless of if I use Draft or Automatic quality.

If my project is created with 1440x1080 @ 1.33, upper field first, it's jumpy playback.

If my project is created with 1440x1080 @ 1.33, no fields (progressive), it plays back perfectly smooth.

As far as I can tell, my HDR-SR11 shoots 1080/60i video, upper field first. I would guess that if my project settings were set identical to the resolution, aspect ratio, and field order of my footage, CS3 wouldn't need to do any additional processing when it plays the video, thus is should be perfectly smooth. Unfortunately this doesn's seem to be the case. Any ideas?
Phil Lochner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #62
Major Player

Neo Scene and Dual-Booting Windows

I have the exact same version of Windows XP (from the same DVD) installed twice on my computer, just separate boot drives) and use the Windows Boot Manager to select which copy of Windows I boot to. I do this so that I can do quick projects on my "messy" Windows installation, and do longer/more involved projects on the "clean" system.

Can I install my recently purchased Neo Scene on both Windows drives? It's the same Windows, the same hardware, and both Neo Scene installations cannot be used simultaneously.

Julian
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 06:45 PM   #63
New Boot

Just to confirm, version 110b108a-090215 appears to fix the problem, and I have closed the ticket.

Thank you.
Robert Gadsdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 10:24 PM   #64
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, that is allowed, if the second drive activation gives you any trouble, just send an email to support@cineform.com and tell what you are doing.
Old February 27th, 2009, 02:09 PM   #65
Regular Crew

Premiere CS4 Neo Scene HDV SD downconvert

I am trying to downconvert a Cineform HDV to SD with Premiere CS4 (Media Encoder) with no success. The downconverted files are corrupt. If I use Vegas Pro 8c the downconvert works perfectly. I assume I have the Premiere Media encoder parameters set incorrectly, Neo Scene needs the importer or Neo Scene has a problem. Any help appreciated.

Last edited by Edwin Baldwin; February 28th, 2009 at 10:30 AM.
Edwin Baldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 03:53 PM   #66
Regular Crew

Additional inoformation:

When I play the Adobe encoded clip with the Window Media Player, the clip plays at the correct aspect ratio, DV aspect ratio (Squeezed WS image). The clip has to be interpreted to correct aspect ratio. When the clip is played with WMP the first few seconds play fine and then the image hangs for the remainder of the clip. If I load the same clip in Vegas, the clip loads fine and is displayed with the correct aspect ratio (DV aspect ratio (Squeezed WS image)). When I play the clip in Vegas, the first few seconds play fine then the thumbnails turn red and the video preview goes black. The only way to recover is to close Vegas. One more quirk. The same clip is displayed in DVWS aspect ratio in Adobe, not the correct aspect ratio (DV aspect ratio (squeezed WS image) , and the preview screen turns black after a few seconds. I believe there are more problems than just the wrong aspect ratio.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 04:10 PM   #67
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Try support. As Vegas and Premiere use the same component, if it works in Vegas and fails in Premirere, that is looking like a Premiere bug.
Old March 9th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #68
Regular Crew

Second download for Neo Scene

David,

Let me start off by telling you that I have purchased Prospect HD and am patiantly waiting for the CS4 version. Neo Scene rocks with CS4 and I am sure we can expect the same in all other Cineform products.

I am working on a "Peru non-profit" project with CS4/Neo Scene. I will be leaving the country agian before I can convert all my files and finish the project. I was wondering if it was possible to download a second 7 day trail version in Neo Scene upon my return to complete the file conversion... if the Prospect HD CS4 has not been released. Or can I get an extension to help me out. Return date will be Feb. 27...maybe another product will be released by this date and I can download trial.
Suggestions?

Billy
Billy Snider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #69
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We should have v4 out soon. If you need an extension now you will have to make your case with support as they do that, unforutnately Neo Scene is hard to extend on some systems (we don't know why.)
Old March 9th, 2009, 06:38 PM   #70
Regular Crew

Neo Scene & After Effects CS4

Is the Neo Scene codec supposed to show up as AVI codec in the AE CS4 Export render options?
Old March 9th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #71
Regular Crew

Thank you!
Billy Snider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #72
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Under the Output Module, Video for Window Format, you will find the "CineForm HD Codec V4.7.x".
Attached Thumbnails
Neo Scene -- various topics-ae-cs4-neoscene.jpg  
Old March 9th, 2009, 09:18 PM   #73
Regular Crew

Thank you. :)
Old March 12th, 2009, 09:27 AM   #74
Regular Crew

Neo Scene and Prospect 3

Can I install Neo Scene and Prospect 3 on the same system? I can't get HDLink to convert my AVCHD files (it crashes & tech support is working on it).
Tom Santopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2009, 09:34 AM   #75
CTO, CineForm Inc.

This fix is going into Prospect v4, as the fix for AVCHD require licensing components not available in PHD v3. v4 will be out in a few weeks.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase