Windows Premiere Pro CS4 Importer Beta - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 3rd, 2009, 09:02 AM   #76
Regular Crew

Files import audio only

OK, so I tried making the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore folder and put the prm file in it. But when I import a Cineform file I get an AVI with audio only. I then cut and pasted the prm file into the plugins folder of Premiere and AE with the same result in both. I'm using the latest importer files that were posted. Suggestions?
Tim Veal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:20 PM   #77
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Veal View Post
OK, so I tried making the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore folder and put the prm file in it. But when I import a Cineform file I get an AVI with audio only. I then cut and pasted the prm file into the plugins folder of Premiere and AE with the same result in both. I'm using the latest importer files that were posted. Suggestions?
Same thing for me, I only get the audio from the file. Installed the latest beta following the instructions.
Old April 4th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #78
Major Player

Seems to play back OK on Vista64

Ok, I'm building a new computer, and part of that includes CS4 (i7, 12GB memory, GeForce 9600GT). Quite an upgrade from PPro 1.5.x! Anyhow, after installing PPro 1.5.x and Prospect on the new computer (I *still* need to edit CF projects, y'know), I converted an M2T using HDLink, and that fairly flew. Then I put the CFHDDecoder.dll in C:\Windows\system32 (I tried SysWOW64 first, but that's not in the PATH for some reason...), and the PRM files where they go.

The file plays back smoothly without rendering. I'm playing back off the system drive, because I don't have my other drives/raid moved over yet, and it still looked good. This is just desktop playback, of course, because now I'm splitting my two monitors between the two computers. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Good flow, good sound. Wish it worked as well on my old computer (AMD opteron x2 with 3GB and CS4).

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #79
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Vanecek View Post
Ok, I'm building a new computer, and part of that includes CS4 (i7, 12GB memory, GeForce 9600GT). Quite an upgrade from PPro 1.5.x! Anyhow, after installing PPro 1.5.x and Prospect on the new computer (I *still* need to edit CF projects, y'know), I converted an M2T using HDLink, and that fairly flew. Then I put the CFHDDecoder.dll in C:\Windows\system32 (I tried SysWOW64 first, but that's not in the PATH for some reason...), and the PRM files where they go.

The file plays back smoothly without rendering. I'm playing back off the system drive, because I don't have my other drives/raid moved over yet, and it still looked good. This is just desktop playback, of course, because now I'm splitting my two monitors between the two computers. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Good flow, good sound. Wish it worked as well on my old computer (AMD opteron x2 with 3GB and CS4).

Thanks,
Matt
If you can swing it, may I suggest you ditch the 9600 graphics card for the new Nvidia 275 GTX (I'm not sure if they have been released yet). Otherwise the 260 would be another good choice. Thats what I'm using.
Brant Gajda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 06:22 PM   #80
Trustee

Quote: If you can swing it, may I suggest you ditch the 9600 graphics card for the new Nvidia 275 GTX

Why, if you don't mind my asking?
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 06:41 PM   #81
Major Player

It's not necessary to put SysWOW64 in the path, since all activity by 32 bit software is redirected from system32 to SysWOW64 automatically.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #82
Regular Crew

For everybody who is getting audio and video playback, do you have a full Prospect or other version installed and then swapped the dll and prm files? Since I did a fresh install of XP and CS4 on my computer, I didn't install Prospect - just the importer files. Could that be a reason I get audio only?
Tim Veal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 07:14 AM   #83
Regular Crew

Realtime Cs4 playback

Hi,
any news on progress of the Cine Form realtime playback engine for Premirer Cs4?
Regards
Clyde DeSouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 09:18 AM   #84
Regular Crew

Quote:
Ok, I'm building a new computer, and part of that includes CS4 (i7, 12GB memory, GeForce 9600GT).
Nice! Very similar to what I'm running. If you can I would look at upgrading to a Quadro card instead of the GeForce series. While some may say there is little difference, I've seen folks with the GeForce cards run into strange problems, which were resolved by changing the video card. I'm running the nVidia Quadro FX3700 card and have not had any playback issues with Premiere Pro.
Roger Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 10:38 AM   #85
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Hickling View Post
Quote: If you can swing it, may I suggest you ditch the 9600 graphics card for the new Nvidia 275 GTX

Why, if you don't mind my asking?
In a couple words? Better performance with any program that utilizes the graphics card. Just like getting a Quadro would be the ultimate graphics card for video, not everyone has that kind of money. However in terms of performance, the 275 is going to be a lot faster than the 9600. Not to mention that the 9 series is 2 generations old.

Compare both.
9600 - Click on the Specs Tab
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

275 - Click on the Specs Tab
GeForce GTX 275
Brant Gajda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 01:08 PM   #86
Major Player

If only CS4 supported some other CUDA-enabled card besides Quadro. That's a little more than I can spend right now. The 275 looks intriguing, though, as does the 285.

Wonder if we could get Cineform's RT playback to be CUDA-enabled...any CUDA, and not just Quadro (although, if somebody gives me a couple grand, I'd buy one!). I'll have to start a different thread, if I want more info on Quadro though, and try to keep this one focused on the RT engine's timeline for CS4...

Thanks,
Matt
Old April 5th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #87
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bloomfield View Post
It's not necessary to put SysWOW64 in the path, since all activity by 32 bit software is redirected from system32 to SysWOW64 automatically.
When I had CFHDDecoder.dll under SysWOW64, the video in the Program Monitor in CS4 was all white with occasional flash to black. Audio worked nicely. When I put CFHDDecoder.dll in system32, the video played as expected, and looked pretty good. Is the 32-bit redirection from system32 to SysWOW64 something that needs to be configured?

I should note my sequence of events: Installed PPro 1.5 + updates (that's my current version). Installed Prospect. Installed CS4 Production Premium, + updates. Put DLL in SysWOW64. Imported a CF AVI in CS4. Got the white (no) video in the program monitor. Save project. Move CFHDDecoder.dll to system32. Reopened project in CS4. Video now plays as expected.

*shrug* I can't say how Vista 64 treats system32 or SysWOW64, because so far I know next to nothing about Vista* beyond the TV commercials and Internet vitriole. But the above steps are what made it work for me. I imagine Cineform will need to ensure that all these items are captured as test scenarios.

One further thing--Premiere CS4 installed under Program Files (x86), and I put the PRM files in that directory tree as Dave indicated. Would that make any difference on the system32 vs SysWOW64?

Thanks,
Matt
Old April 5th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #88
Trustee

Quote: However in terms of performance, the 275 is going to be a lot faster than the 9600.

Can anyone provide some simple benchmark results to demonstrate a meaningful performance benefit of a 275 (or similar) over a 9600 (or similar) for Premiere Pro and Cineform? Until then color me skeptical ... a 9600 is a third the price, works great with Premiere and CF, and can be bought in a silent, fanless configuration.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 09:03 PM   #89
Major Player

Quote:
When I had CFHDDecoder.dll under SysWOW64, the video in the Program Monitor in CS4 was all white with occasional flash to black. Audio worked nicely. When I put CFHDDecoder.dll in system32, the video played as expected, and looked pretty good. Is the 32-bit redirection from system32 to SysWOW64 something that needs to be configured?
No. Unless a piece of software is written to explicitly refer to one or the other of the system folders, you don't need to configure anything. For example, if I had a piece of 32-bit code that said to run file "c:\windows\system32\xx.exe", there would be no redirecting to SysWOW64. That's generally bad programming to do that, though, since there are built-in environmental variables that you can use to refer to Vista x64's system folders.

I suspect there is something else going on with your setup. As long as you can make it work, using system32, there's no reason to worry about it.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 06:37 PM   #90
New Boot

I haven't tried the CS4 Beta yet, just the standard Neo Scene installation. However, I see white frames (thumbnails) in Bridge CS4 and Mocca for AE for Cineform AVI files. This is on Vista 64 HP SP1.
Rob Read is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase