Vegas 9 Compatibility - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 12th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
James, as Jay properly points out CineForm MOV files seem to work in Vegas 9. I'd take a handful of your AVI files and rewrap them to MOV using HD Link. Then I'd test them in Vegas 9 to verify that they work for you. If they do you could consider rewrapping all of your material to MOV. Yes that's a pain in the a**, but rewrapping is quite fast - almost as fast as a file copy.

We haven't done any extensive testing in Vegas 9 yet (with MOV) because most Windows users are doing AVI work, and we know AVI doesn't work right now.

We had a good meeting with the Sony people at NAB and there is mutual desire to get this finished. But we need to get through the PPro importer problems first....

is this something that is supported by Neo Scene or is this a $500 workaround?
Keith Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:50 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Paisley View Post
is this something that is supported by Neo Scene or is this a $500 workaround?
Good point.

Why shouldn't Neo Scene do both avi and mov formats? We're already limited in resolution with Neo Scene so adding the mov format and a re-wrap, imho, wouldn't exactly be giving away the store.

At least, it would keep us happy until (I assume) a 64bit version comes out.

---

As for Vegas were it possible to come up with a generic 64bit wrapper-container for 32bit codecs and effects - in the manner that VST-DX-VST audio effect wrappers do -- that might be a stop-gap help? But truthfully - there's a lot more complexity and it might not be feasible and the result less than desired.

All in all - I'd rather have 64-bit native codec and filters.

Last edited by Gene Gajewski; May 14th, 2009 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Additional thoughts
Gene Gajewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 09:17 AM   #18
Major Player

There's no way of simply doing a rewrap, if all you have is NEO Scene, but there are alternative approaches (<< $500 US), if you want to use CFHD with 64 bit Vegas in the mean time:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/cineform-...gas-users.html
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bloomfield View Post
There's no way of simply doing a rewrap, if all you have is NEO Scene, but there are alternative approaches (<< $500 US), if you want to use CFHD with 64 bit Vegas in the mean time:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/cineform-...gas-users.html
those are interesting options but with the amount of footage I have, I imagine that Sony Vegas 10 would be out before those transcodes finished. A true rewrap would sure speed things along...
Keith Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 01:54 PM   #20
Major Player

Can Cineform AVI files be used as input in Badaboom? If so, I could export a quick .mp4 file at 25MBPS and edit in 64-bit Vegas with that.

I'm interested in Vegas 9, but I'd have to give up Magic Bullet (which, admittedly, I'm using less and less of as I'm getting used to Vegas's native color correction tools).

However, I can always keep a 32-bit version of 8.0 on my system, right?
Old May 15th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #21
Major Player

I've never been able to get Badaboom to read Cineform AVI files. I just checked again and it still doesn't work for me. The error message is, "Unsupported codec".
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Paisley View Post
those are interesting options but with the amount of footage I have, I imagine that Sony Vegas 10 would be out before those transcodes finished. A true rewrap would sure speed things along...
@Keith,

Look here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/non-linea...avi-_help.html

I have tried avidemux, but I have no experience with the rest of the software mentioned in the thread.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase