First Light for Mac now available at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 2nd, 2009, 02:07 PM   #1
Major Player

First Light for Mac now available

First Light is now part of Neo HD/4K for Mac. Customers who have a Neo HD/4K license on Mac will get First Light as a free update: http://techblog.cineform.com/?p=1169.

Especially on Mac, where CineForm does not have access to the FCP real-time engine, First Light offers big workflow advantages because in many workflows First Light can replace color correction that might be applied in either FCP or Color - and it's non-destructive.

If you don't have a license you can download a Trial version of Neo HD/4K for Mac here: CineForm Product Downloads.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 04:58 AM   #2
New Boot

FirstLight on Mac does work flawlessly. Nice.

I have two humble suggestion that I'm sure you are already working on:

1.We need a RGB histogram that does not degrade PB by updating. When PB is paused the histogram automatically udates.

2. Some sort of indication that shows which file is currently loaded. A basic filebrowser that shows which files are already "manipulated" would be a nice addition for a later build.

Great technology!

Hans
Hans von Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 08:18 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the comments Hans....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans von Sonntag View Post
1.We need a RGB histogram that does not degrade PB by updating. When PB is paused the histogram automatically udates.
Adding Histogram is on our short list of new features within a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans von Sonntag View Post
2. Some sort of indication that shows which file is currently loaded. A basic filebrowser that shows which files are already "manipulated" would be a nice addition for a later build.
We're looking at additional file handling features.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:53 PM   #4
Major Player

FirstLight Monitoring on Mac

I do have both versions of FirstLight, Mac and PC. I can do external monitoring on the PC side, but it seems that the Mac version does not have such capability. Is this right, or is there any workaround?

I have NVIDIA 8800 GT, GTX 285 and a BM Intensity.

Thanks!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase