v4.0 of CineForm's NEO HD/4K and Prospect HD/4K are out. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 16th, 2009, 09:21 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
Prospect 4K serial numbers are eligible for free upgrades. But let's take this offline - it's not really a forum topic.
Sorry...couldn't resist...you are the fixers...
Old May 16th, 2009, 11:00 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Gruber View Post
Sorry to report. build 210 proect HD is not importing CF files on MY XP/32 bit system either CS3 ONLY ONLY No CS4.

Neo HD imports then fine on MY XP/32bit cs3 only!!!!!!!!
Bruce,
I had a similar problem with ProspectHD b210 on Vista x64 importing Cineform AVI to CS3 as well. CS4 had no issues importing video. What I noticed that the latest build was installing "CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm" into CS3 plugin folder (on my system its in c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe CS3\Plug-ins\en_US\Cineform but it should be whereever you installed CS3).

I remembered in another thread with the 4.01 pre-releases, someone brought this up mentioning that the file doesnt exist when with previous versions of ProspectHD v3 does not include this file. David had confirmed that this file should not be there. So I just renamed the file (adding .old to the end of it renaming it CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm.old" to deactivate it, or you could just as well delete it). And CS3 now works without issue. For now thats my temporary fix but since I dont know if there may be anything else I should or shouldn't have in there, I filed a tech support ticket with them. If you're having issues you may just as well do the same since everyone's setup/specs will be different.
James Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 11:46 AM   #18
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I wonder if people are getting old installers as nothing from CS4 will install in CS3 in the current installer code. And doesn't here.

From the installer script

For CS3:
File ${S_PREMIERE_PLUGIN_DIR}\FX_*.prm
File ${S_PREMIERE_PLUGIN_DIR}\fl-*.prm
File ${S_PREMIERE_PLUGIN_DIR}\im-*.prm
File ${S_PREMIERE_PLUGIN_DIR}\CFHDV*.prm
File ${S_PREMIERE_PLUGIN_DIR}\CFQ*.prm
File ${S_PREMIERE_PLUGIN_DIR}\CFR*.prm

For CS4:
File ${S_PREMIERE_PLUGIN_DIR}\CFHD_*.prm
File ${S_PREMIERE_PLUGIN_DIR}\FX_*.prm
File ${S_PREMIERE_PLUGIN_DIR}\fl-*.prm
File ${S_PREMIERE_PLUGIN_DIR}\CFRenderProc.exe

im-*.prm files are only for CS3 and CFHD_*.prm are only for CS4. So I'm not sure how there is crosstalk. Unless you name a CS4 directory as CS3.
Old May 16th, 2009, 12:30 PM   #19
Regular Crew

No Audio on h264 Adobe Media Encoder clips from Cineform?

Hello,

I rendered out a brand new Cineform AVI 1280x720, 48,00khz sound using the production build "Downloaded today" for Adobe Premiere pro cs4 on Windows. I went into Adobe Media Encoder and picked the preset "h264" and the YouTube preset from Adobe Media Encoder cs4.

The video renders out, but it does not have any sound on playback?

I am on Vista 64bit Business.

Thanks,

Leo
Leo Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 12:40 PM   #20
Regular Crew

David:

I am running XP Pro 32 bit.

Here is what happened when I tried the PHD 4.01 Build 210 install after I uninstalled Prospect 3.XX from CS3:

In CS3 there is a CF folder with numerous files including CFHD_avi_importer. It is found here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\ Premiere Pro CS3\Plug Ins\en_us

I removed the CF folder and now there are no CF presets.

I returned the CF folder back where I deleted ran PPro CS3 and found CF presets. I opened one, and tried to import a CF AVI and PPro crashed immediately.

The same CF folder can be found in CS4 in a similar place:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\ Premiere Pro CS4\Plug Ins\en_us

I ran PPro CS4 and found there are NO CF presets. However, CF transitions and effects are shown.

Next, I opened an AVCHD preset in Ppro CS4 and tried the CF transitions and effects and they work.
BUT, there are NO CF presets in CS4.

I don't know if all of this helps but this is what is happening. The build 210 installer is definitely installing PHD 4.01 into PPro CS3 and it is causing CS3 to crash every time

Marty rahn

Last edited by Martin Rahn; May 16th, 2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Clarification
Martin Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 01:50 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Rahn View Post

Here is what happened when I tried the PHD 4.01 Build 210 install after I uninstalled Prospect 3.XX from CS3:

In CS3 there is a CF folder with numerous files including CFHD_avi_importer. It is found here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\ Premiere Pro CS3\Plug Ins\en_us

I removed the CF folder and now there are no CF presets.

I returned the CF folder back where I deleted ran PPro CS3 and found CF presets. I opened one, and tried to import a CF AVI and PPro crashed immediately.

Marty, why are you removing the entire folder? All you want to do is remove the individual files from CS3 folder that dont belong there. If you remove the entire folder, you also remove all the other important files CS3 needs to load up which is why no presets. I had the same issue of not being able to import a CF file in CS3 as it would just hang. For some reason, some of us are having CS4 files installed into the CS3 plugin folder during installation. Just try removing the CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm file from the plugin folder where CS3 is installed and see what happens. If it works, then go back to Dave's post above to see which files should and shouldn't be there. At most, submit a ticket for help. (Also CS4 presets aren't available yet with this version until the RT engine is released.)
James Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 02:10 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Park View Post
Marty, why are you removing the entire folder? All you want to do is remove the individual files from CS3 folder that dont belong there. If you remove the entire folder, you also remove all the other important files CS3 needs to load up which is why no presets. I had the same issue of not being able to import a CF file in CS3 as it would just hang. For some reason, some of us are having CS4 files installed into the CS3 plugin folder during installation. Just try removing the CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm file from the plugin folder where CS3 is installed and see what happens. If it works, then go back to Dave's post above to see which files should and shouldn't be there. At most, submit a ticket for help. (Also CS4 presets aren't available yet with this version until the RT engine is released.)
James:

You are right. I just didn't pick up on David's suggestion. I removed the file and now CS3 works fine. Next up is CS4. Thanks again.

Marty
Martin Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
...im-*.prm files are only for CS3 and CFHD_*.prm are only for CS4. So I'm not sure how there is crosstalk. Unless you name a CS4 directory as CS3.
Again, my setup is Vista x64, CS4 in C: and CS3 in D:. How does the script decide (from the registry) on which files to put into:

x:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CSx\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm

and which files to put into:

x:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CSx\MediaCore

for either CS3 or CS4?

For CS4, the Prospect HD installer puts the three CFHD_ files in both folders, at least for me. This doesn't hurt anything, as long as the file versions are identical.

For CS3, the three CFHD_ files and the im- file are in:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm

and the im- file is also in:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS3\MediaCore

I checked the builds with CFFExplorer and they are all definitely build 210. I'm not complaining here, because everything works fine for me in CS3, if you rename the CFHD_ files in the CS3 folder. Just trying to understand/help.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase