Prospect/Neo 4 Problem Thread - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 17th, 2009, 05:45 PM   #61
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Bruce,

That is not likely a v4 issue. Just use intepret footage to set the pixel aspect correctly so your Encore encodes will be fine.

Dave that worked but I never had to do that before..Adobe PP CS3 does not even bring the CF.avi back in the project correctly and it alway brought it in 16x9.. What could I have done wrong? I have been testing the compression of CF on 720x480 NTSC/wide That is so improtant to me I have been testing before I bought
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #62
Regular Crew

Quote:
Leo,

PC 1 -- that is likely an Adobe bug, as loading projects is primarily a Premiere function. If it fails on multiple PCs, please send the prproj file to support to see if there is something obvious.

PC 2 -- Weird that the same software will not run. Unfortnately the CLR20r3 error report from MS managed code it not very helpful. Is it particular operation that fails, or particular file types? We need to fail generally to find a fix, i.e. what is different about the test you did not that PC (other than CS4 vs CS3, FirstLight doesn't care.)
Hello David,

It is the Colour matrix sliders, such a sred, blue, green etc, as soon as I click on them to make ajustments it just crashes.

Yes both pc build, are the same system just a differentbackup cs3/cs4 build which I restored onto the boot drive in the HP using Acronis Echo Workstation.
Leo Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:53 PM   #63
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Bruce,

I don't believe anything has changes in this area. So it is not likely a new bug, particularly as SD is not a big focus for CineForm. As long as all the pixel data is there, the intepret footage is lossless, so it is a cosmetic bug. Once we solve the CS3 installer issues, and CS4 stuff, than we might find time tweak the SD exports.
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:55 PM   #64
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Leo,

You can see why that doesn't make sense. Two identical systems one works one doesn't, please test with the same footage, find something that is more logical and send us that data (i.e. a particular file that crashes on both PCs.)
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #65
Regular Crew

David,

OK, editing has been going just fine. However I can't export anything. If I select File, Export, Media then AME comes right up, but when I hit Start Queue it hangs on Loading project. I tried choosing different export settings (CineForm AVI, MPEG2 Blu-Ray, etc.) but no difference.

If I close PP4 first and start AME from the menu then File, Add Premiere Pro Project, and click on the file it hangs there for about 8 minutes, then errors out.

AME Error log:

5/17/2009 8:18:40 PM : Encoding Failed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a directory listing of CFHD files:

C:\>dir cfhd*.* /s
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is B26A-90B1

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\Plug-ins

05/14/2009 07:24 PM 851,968 CFHDIO.aex
1 File(s) 851,968 bytes

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm

05/14/2009 07:41 PM 114,688 CFHDVDeviceControl.prm
05/14/2009 07:41 PM 122,880 CFHDVRecordPro.prm
2 File(s) 237,568 bytes

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm

05/14/2009 07:45 PM 294,912 CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm
05/17/2009 06:56 AM 303,104 CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm.new
05/14/2009 07:46 PM 167,936 CFHD_File_Exporter.prm
05/14/2009 07:46 PM 458,752 CFHD_MOV_Importer.prm
4 File(s) 1,224,704 bytes

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore

05/14/2009 07:45 PM 294,912 CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm
05/17/2009 06:55 AM 303,104 CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm.new
05/14/2009 07:46 PM 167,936 CFHD_File_Exporter.prm
05/14/2009 07:46 PM 458,752 CFHD_MOV_Importer.prm
4 File(s) 1,224,704 bytes

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\CineForm\Tools

05/17/2009 12:59 PM 753,664 CFHDDecoder.dll
05/14/2009 07:45 PM 757,760 CFHDDecoder.dll.old
2 File(s) 1,511,424 bytes

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\CineForm

05/14/2009 07:14 PM 98,304 CFHDSDIASIODriver.ax
05/14/2009 07:14 PM 159,744 CFHDSDICapture.ax
05/14/2009 07:15 PM 155,648 CFHDSDIRenderer.ax
3 File(s) 413,696 bytes

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTComponents

05/15/2009 05:38 PM 1,058,304 CFHDCodec.qtx
1 File(s) 1,058,304 bytes

Directory of C:\Windows\SysWOW64

05/15/2009 05:38 PM 1,077,248 CFHD.DLL
04/30/2009 06:25 PM 1,441 CFHD.INF
2 File(s) 1,078,689 bytes

Glenn
Glenn Babcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 03:01 AM   #66
Major Player

Quote:
Bruce,

I don't believe anything has changes in this area. So it is not likely a new bug, particularly as SD is not a big focus for CineForm. As long as all the pixel data is there, the intepret footage is lossless, so it is a cosmetic bug. Once we solve the CS3 installer issues, and CS4 stuff, than we might find time tweak the SD exports.
Hi Dave,
Encore crashed when trying to create DVD. Maybe the squashing has something to do with the importprocess server crashes. I did output the file no problem with v3.4.5 in CS3 and the CF.avi did not look squashed after encoding? It almost like the encoder is trying to double encode?
Attached Thumbnails
Prospect/Neo 4 Problem Thread-encore-crash.jpg  
Old May 18th, 2009, 09:18 AM   #67
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Glenn,

Try completely removing the CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm.new files as I'm not sure Premiere doesn't load them anyway. As you export seemed to go away when you added the new importer, not when you added the cfhddecoder.dll (whih should be unrelated.) Can you confirm please.
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:15 AM   #68
Regular Crew

David,

I did but no joy.

I forgot to mention, my trial key for ProspectHD expired this weekend so I installed Prospect4K to keep going. Could it be related to that?
Glenn Babcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:18 AM   #69
Major Player

Follow up to Encore crash

Dave,

Encore CS3 crashed on the squashed file as you can see by my post but..Encore CS4 transcoded fine all the ay thru at 4:3 (I fogot to click 16x9) in the transcoder button when I went to transcode 16x9 after I selected interept footage Encore CS4 crahsed too.

could there be something with the wide/ntsc setting and the importprocess error? Dave when I was trying the 3.4.9 version of CF this never occured and even media player saw the CF.avi as a 16x9 output on the exact same computer?
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:39 AM   #70
Major Player

CS3 with 4.0

Dave I noticed that even CS3 wants to conform or regenerate the CF files in the project everytime you re-open the project? Is the the importer doing that. I thought once the files were imported they should not have to br re conformed or the peek files should not have to be regenerated?
Old May 18th, 2009, 11:13 AM   #71
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Gruber View Post
Dave I noticed that even CS3 wants to conform or regenerate the CF files in the project everytime you re-open the project? Is the the importer doing that. I thought once the files were imported they should not have to br re conformed or the peek files should not have to be regenerated?
Nothing has changed for audio in CS3. If you save the project the audio will not reconform -- confirmed moments ago. There is an old Premeire bug in CS3, that it will sometimes require you to import an old project into new one, to fix weirdness like audio conforms not being preserved, but this is not a Prospect bug.
Old May 18th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #72
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Babcock View Post
David,

I did but no joy.

I forgot to mention, my trial key for ProspectHD expired this weekend so I installed Prospect4K to keep going. Could it be related to that?
Glenn,

Your feedback is now confusing, I have no idea what steps you took, therefore no closer to understand your system's issues. Originally you had importer issues, now you are having exporter issues, which suggests you importer issue are resolved. Please clear this up for me. Use email dnewman @ ... as this not nolonger about everyones PC.
Old May 18th, 2009, 05:43 PM   #73
Major Player

I have a theory about some of these PP CS4 crashes and that they are being caused by the VFW version of the Cineform codec, CFHD.DLL. Very few programs these days, other than NEO Scene, need this codec (including PP CS4), but they are some important pieces of video software, including Vegas (all recent versions), After Effects CS3 (but not AE CS4) and VirtualDub.

After not ever seeing the infamous PP CS4 ImportProcessServer error, I now am either getting that error, a DEP error from Vista or a crash of PP CS4 during the splash screen. I've installed nothing new on this specific computer, since installing build 210 of Prospect HD. It must have taken a couple of days for me to put together the right (wrong?) combination of A/V files and projects to coax the error out of hiding. ;-)

I uninstalled CFHD.DLL with the INF file and moved it to the Vegas 9 folder (w/o installation, so only Vegas sees the VFW codec), so that I could continue to use Vegas 9 (buggy that it is). Then I rebooted and checked all the software on my computer that imports or encodes with Cineform. Guess what? No crashes at all with PP CS4 or anything else for that matter. Maybe it's a coincidence.

Here's another interesting aside. GSpot, the codec appliance (which is not particularly stable under Vista anyway) hasn't worked for me in six months and always crashed on loading. The error message in the Windows event log always mentioned CFHD.DLL. Once I moved CFHD.DLL out of c:\windows\SYSWoW64, GSpot now works fine.

Food for thought, on a very cold day in upstate NY.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #74
Major Player

I just wanted to add something, because I noticed the other active thread about CFHD.DLL crashing various programs. Here's why VirtualDub probably never crashes with CFHD.DLL:

One video codec to break everything - virtualdub.org

Anyone who has ever talked to Avery Lee knows that he's a legend in the video software world. He's very helpful and a while back, he took the time to help me sort out a problem that I was having with the BMD MJPEG codec. No one else could figure out what was going on and he solved it in one email.

My guess is that the error is occurring in the enumeration of all the system video codecs by something that is co-loading with PP CS4 or possibly PP CS4 itself. Maybe PP CS4 version 4.1 will fix this problem.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 04:35 AM   #75
Major Player

Hi Jay I think you are on to something here! When I try to Transcode a DVD with Encore CS3 I get a error crash that it can not encode because another progran is using the file? I have no other programs open which lead me to believe that maybe 2 codes are trying to encode the same file?
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase