Getting watermarks in FCP with titles etc. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 12th, 2009, 07:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Getting watermarks in FCP with titles etc.

Hi,

just switched over to FC from PP so it is probably me ... but, when I add titles, or non-Cineform stock footage into my Final Cut project, I'm getting Cineform's logos as watermarks in the 4 corners.

Why? I'm not encoding, I don't think.

I own Prospect 4K for windows. Footage was shot with the SI-2K, and on my windows laptop converted from AVI to MOV with HDLink. I downloaded the Cineform codec for Mac (cineform footage seems to be working fine) but if I drop stock footage or try to make titles or even leave a black space I get those Cineform logos.

Help?
Thanks!
Old June 12th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #2
Regular Crew

FCP always renders. If you have a CineForm timeline, FCP will render blank frames and various slugs which will create the watermarks. If you add non-CineForm material, FCP will render it before you can play.
Craig Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2009, 02:18 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks.

Not sure I follow. In fact I don't follow. Is there a way to work with other footage on a Cineform timeline or do I have to convert it all to Cineform?

Cheers.

Edit: I didn't have this issue in Premiere Pro. I could import stills and create black frames without this issue. Then again, I've probably had a Cineform license for P2K or P4K on any machine I've used.

OK, I guess I get it. That sucks, a little.

Last edited by Chris Lakes; June 13th, 2009 at 10:21 AM.
Chris Lakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 12:11 AM   #4
Regular Crew

You should be able to use non-CineForm source in a CF timeline. FCP will say the material needs rendering before it will play, and once you do that, you get the logos. Black is not just black, but a black frame that is encoded using the CineForm encoder, and repeated as needed for a slug.

It sucks, but that is the FCP does things.

You might try to drop everything onto a ProRes timeline instead. It often will let you play CineForm, and the render bits - black frames and titles - will not have watermarks.
Craig Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 02:34 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks, yes. That's what I've had to do. I have P4K on my windoze laptop, but not on the Mac I'm editing on. I'm basically just rendering each clip that I drop into the prores timeline, and I have another Cineform timeline where I work with the bulk of the material for rough assembly.

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase