New release for all Windows CineForm tools - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 19th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #16
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson View Post
Is there a cineform for BM Insensity Pro yet? I know it was in the works a month or so ago but I didnt know how it was going along.
Depends on the product. Intensity has worked as a capture source for a long time, and it now works in First Light for color correction, CineForm files work in BM edit modes, only it still doesn't work for Prospect HD timeline previews.
Old July 19th, 2009, 07:10 PM   #17
Major Player

****Deleted: Didn't see David Newman's post ahead of mine.... ****
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 11:28 PM   #18
Trustee

Well what im doing now is shooting in AVCHD and I want to convert the files to cineform AVIs then edit them in Premiere Pro while outputing(previewing) to the HDMI on my Inensity pro card. Which Cineform product would I need I think? I downloaded the Prospect HD a couple months ago but it wasnt ready.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 10:17 AM   #19
Tourist

David,

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit RC 7100 and CS4 with all updates.

Until last week, I had never installed a Cineform codec. I bought Neoscene a week ago, and installed the latest build (119).

Previous to this by a day or two, I had installed the NeoPlayer (an earlier build than the current).

I use Neo Scene to convert Canon 5D .mov files to 29.97, and the result is frame duplication/dropping when working in a CS4 29.97 timeline, with the same frame weirdness showing up in the exported files. The Cineform AVIs play fine elsewhere (Media Player), so apparently the codec plays well with Windows, just not CS4. The release notes tell me that build 119 is supposed to fix exactly this issue in CS4. I have also once now seen a mysterious green frame appear in a clip. Also supposed to be fixed in this release? My install is behaving like an earlier version. I have uninstalled/reinstalled a few times - same issue. I also followed your advice from earlier in this thread and deleted the CFHD prms, then went a step further and deleted all cineform refs I could find in the registry and reinstalled. Is there something I should do to clean up remnants of the earlier NeoPlayer install?

Anyway, for a work around I've discovered that if I create a 30P project and import a Cineform 29.97 file, there are no skipped/doubled frames, either while stepping the file in Premiere or in an exported file.

BUT, the audio loses sync by 0.1%.

So, what I do is import both video files - the 5D .MOV and the Cineform .AVI, then pitch-shift the audio from the MOV to 99.91%, and link it to the AVI.

Am I rambling on pointlessly because Windows 7 isn't supported? Or is there some point in trying to figure this out?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Matt

ps. What does the vbscript "Register Components" do, and should I use it?
Matt O'Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #20
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Matt,

Please contact support, as it doesn't make sense that you PC is behaving like it is running to old version.
Old July 20th, 2009, 11:33 AM   #21
Tourist

Thanks David, I have a ticket sent from yesterday, I'll report back here.

I know, it doesn't make any sense at all!
Matt O'Sullivan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase