New release for all Windows CineForm tools at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 10th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #1
CTO, CineForm Inc.

New release for all Windows CineForm tools

4.0.7.216 is out and available through www.CineForm.com. We ending up skipping the official release of 4.0.6 (which was the July 4th beta) as there where too many other features and fixes where almost done (resulting is a large then normal feature list.)

Here are some of the changes since the last official release:
Build 4.0.7.216
Added: HDSDI/HDMI output support to First Light --- Tested with AJA Xena LHe/2Ke and Blackmagic Intensity.
Added: 64-bit Video for Windows Codec.
Added: CS4 16-bit RGB support in AE
Added: Fast scale mode to HDLink -- great for batching proxies.
Added: HDLink CineForm to CineForm conversions also copy the GUID for First Light enabled proxies.
Added: Latest AJA drivers
Enhanced: CS4 decoder performance.
Enhanced: DPX2CF tools to support conversion from a known frame number until a discontinuty.
Enhanced: R2CF tools, upgraded to latest R3D SDK.
Enhanced: HDLink Prefs with horizontal layout -- better for small screens.
Fixed: CS4 frame duplication/skip
Fixed: CS4 decoder green flashes.
Fixed: CS4 32-bit RGB support in AE
Fixed: Audio pops in AJA capture -- please install the latest AJA drivers.
Fixed: an ocassional crash exiting AE CS3.
Fixed: Some 720p files in CS4 came in interlaced.

Anyone using CS4 or First Light should jump on this verison.

Prospect & Neo HD/4K users
Features that may impact your workflow. There is a new cool trick for those working in larger calibrative projects. Starting with your CineForm master AVIs or MOVs, use HDLink to batch out proxies faster than real-time (using new Fast Scale) while maintain the exact name (disable "Split Scenes ..." and enable "Use Capture Location...") while maintaining the same Global Unique IDentifier (In First Light turn off the four global controls for white balance, color matrix, curves and looks.) OK that requires a little set-up, but here is what you get. The proxy files are frame and timecode accurate, at potentially 1/10th the size, but they can be color corrected on another system yet still impact the source master data. i.e. you can up the tiny version to a friend somewhere else in the world, have them run First Light on the data, and he/she can send you back a First Light color database file (.cdb), so instantly finish your production. Think about it, it is pretty cool.
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:44 PM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Added: HDSDI/HDMI output support to First Light --- Tested with AJA Xena LHe/2Ke and Blackmagic Intensity.
Will this work with the Matrox MXO2 mini on a PC?

From reading other posts the MXO2 Mini will only preview from Premiere using the Matrox engine. Is that correct?

(And is it correct than none of the HDMI output devices work with Premiere/AfterEffects CS3 and Prospect HD4?)

I have built a new i7 system and looking for the best output/monitor solution for a reasonable cost. Also deciding if I should upgrade to CS4.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #3
Major Player

This not Windows 7 ready?

I still have green-flashed video with CS4, but the workaround is to have HD Link resize to 1920 x 1080.

So far so good.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Marty,

If you know a way to make an error, you should report it to support, as we have fix all reported errors regarding green flashes.

As for Window 7, we have testing installs for Neo HD/4K and Prospect for CS4. We know CS3 RT engine is not yet Window 7 compatible, but otherwise it is close.
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:29 PM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Walker View Post
Will this work with the Matrox MXO2 mini on a PC?

From reading other posts the MXO2 Mini will only preview from Premiere using the Matrox engine. Is that correct?

(And is it correct than none of the HDMI output devices work with Premiere/AfterEffects CS3 and Prospect HD4?)

I have built a new i7 system and looking for the best output/monitor solution for a reasonable cost. Also deciding if I should upgrade to CS4.
MXO2 has no third party API (yet) so we can't add ist support to First Light (and we do want to do that.)
Old July 10th, 2009, 09:30 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
MXO2 has no third party API (yet) so we can't add ist support to First Light (and we do want to do that.)
Thank you, David.

Regarding the Intensity Pro, can I monitor a 720p 24p timeline through First Light? (If I understand right, the Intensity pro outputs a 24p timeline over 59.94... but the timeline can be real 24p... is this correct?)
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 12:17 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Marty,

If you know a way to make an error, you should report it to support, as we have fix all reported errors regarding green flashes.

As for Window 7, we have testing installs for Neo HD/4K and Prospect for CS4. We know CS3 RT engine is not yet Window 7 compatible, but otherwise it is close.
Will do David...

A side note... is there any documentation of the various executable tools (AVI fixer, After Effects Fix, Register Components, etc) that covers if and when we should be running them? Could that be affecting performance?

Thanks for the mountain of variables you all are tackling.

I will send something along to support, if in fact is is NOT something I am missing on this end.... which is about 75% of the time.

When this stuff gets ironed out, it's going to be fantastic.
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:13 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Adventures in Windows 7

In case anyone's interested - just to report that I installed the latest build in Win7 64 with no special tweaking (just ran the installer, no admin or compatibility modes) and it all seems to work fine in Premiere Pro CS3 - no pinkupsidedownpeople...
Ian Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 08:08 AM   #9
Major Player

With this latest release of PHD4, my CS4 on Win 7/64-bit installation seems to be solved.

The green flashing clips were reduced to a handful of files that I ran through a conversion in HDLink, making no modifications, just outputting them to a fresh clip. Flashing issues gone.

Running previews in Draft mode (and by the way.. the nVidia overlay adjustments never "stuck" with my XP 32-bit setup, but do now) and the quality is acceptable. It's definitely a step down from the real time engine, but it allows CS4 to be completely functional.

It just means that when CS4 realtime arrives, it will be a nice step back up.

It seems to me, Adobe is both the best, and the worst thing to happen to Cineform.

It makes you wonder what Adobe thinks of Cineform....... not nearly enough from where I sit.

Thanks to David, David, Jake.. and the rest for keeping the all the tools working for us.
Old July 11th, 2009, 08:53 AM   #10
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Baggen View Post
With this latest release of PHD4, my CS4 on Win 7/64-bit installation seems to be solved.

The green flashing clips were reduced to a handful of files that I ran through a conversion in HDLink, making no modifications, just outputting them to a fresh clip. Flashing issues gone.
If you stilll have any original clips that show green, please put them in our ftp dropbox. ftp://ftp.cineform.com/pub/incoming and tell us what the file was called (so we know to check it out.)
Old July 11th, 2009, 09:55 AM   #11
Major Player

Will do David... I would be curious to see what the issue is so that I can avoid it again.

I have not attempted any capture via CS4, but will do so something this weekend.
Old July 11th, 2009, 04:29 PM   #12
Major Player

David... I have uploaded a small clip which represents one of those giving CS4 problems.
Old July 11th, 2009, 05:34 PM   #13
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That is an old file, codec version 3.0.1 (up to 5.1.2 now.) That series of codec had a bug we fix in the decoder, that fix will be added to the CS4 decoder.
Old July 11th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #14
Major Player

That verifies that the problem is here as suspected. Hmmm, can't explain the age of the codec used. The footage was captured last year.

Is running it through HD Link a viable solution for corrupted clips such as that if recapture is not easily redone?

Thanks for checking on it David. Good news.
Old July 19th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #15
Trustee

Is there a cineform for BM Insensity Pro yet? I know it was in the works a month or so ago but I didnt know how it was going along.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase