Field order of interlaced Source files in HDlink at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 25th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #1
Trustee

Field order of interlaced Source files in HDlink

I think it is necessary to add Lower/Upper choices of the Field Order for the "Deinterlace source" button in HDlink.

The way it is now, I suppose HDlink guesses what the order is, and in my case (60i AVCHD files from Sony camcorder) the guess was consistently wrong, unfortunately.

I used Adobe Encoder as workaround, and that worked just fine since it allowed me to specify Lower field as order priority.

HDlink is part of Neo 4K v5 here.
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

All deinterlacing algorithm that convert 60i to 30p are not concerned with field order. One day I want to do a 60i to 60p deinterlacer, that is concerned with field order.
Old June 25th, 2010, 09:15 AM   #3
Trustee

What I just observed clearly indicated that switching to lower field, then deinterlacing produced good results.

Simply Deinterlacing in HDlink (or Adobe Encoder with the Upper field priority) produced unpleasant jarring video. I think this may depend on the deinterlacing method as well. In any case, switching the Adobe deinterlacer to lower field priority solved the issue.
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase