Window Neo Series v5.1.1 is out - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 29th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #16
CTO, CineForm Inc.

All is working fine now, I've tested NeoHD, Neo4K, Neo3D, and NeoScene has the correct components.

Note: it is confusing when we get error reports without report which software you are using. Only Neo4K was broken after the patch, and it to is now fixed.
Old August 29th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Hello David,

Thanks this has worked on Neo4k on WIndow s7 64bit pro.

I loaded the file aagin into depencey walker and get this only error now
I get a yellow question mark.
IESHIMMS.DLL Error Opening FIle The System cannot file the file specified (2)

Is that okay to have?

Thanks again,

Leo
Leo Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 05:56 PM   #18
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The IESHIMMS.DLL error is on my system also, but it is not an issue.
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #19
Major Player

Which dependency is/was related to the conform audio issue in Premiere Pro? Could it be this one, possibly? Because I'm still getting it (although only with a small number of clips as opposed to all of them).

Anyway, the new build is useable now. All my clips are appearing fine in the timeline now.

Thanks!
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Hello Craig,

Check David Newman's post here
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform...ml#post1542104

I had the same problem and the above solution fixs it, I get no audio re-conforming now.

Leo
Leo Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #21
Major Player

Wow. That's excellent! Thanks for passing that along, Leo. I must have missed that before.

That's a BIG help.
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #22
Trustee

5.1.1 (BEFORE today) was re-conforming files even if the XMP write was unchecked.
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 11:12 PM   #23
Major Player

Where did the presets go?

I just did the upgrade to Neo HD, and the Project presets I used for earlier projects are no longer getting loaded into Premier Pro CS3. When I try to open a project I was working on a few weeks ago, I get the following error:

"The editing mode used by this project could not be loaded. The project will be opened in Desktop mode."

If I try to create a new project, Premier Pro CS3 does not see ANY of the Cineform presets, even though they are in the presets folder (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Settings\en_US\CineForm). They are all listed as Prospect presets.
Attached Thumbnails
Window Neo Series v5.1.1 is out-presets.jpg  
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 03:03 AM   #24
Regular Crew

I have the same problem as you.
Under CS3, Cineform presets are no longer available.
I've checked the files and everything seems to be ok.

The workaround is to recreate manually my favorite preset in order to use Cinefrom projects again.
Cedric Pottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 09:10 AM   #25
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I Just tried NeoHD and Neo3D and I still get presets in CS3. As presets are not a directly impacted by the changes we've made please report this to support as we will like need information about your systems. I'm out for the day, so Jake is your contact.
Old August 30th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #26
Sponsor: CineForm

Yes, please e-mail me at support or open a ticket. I see a lot in my inbox this Monday morning, but I will get to all of it before the day is over. Thanks guys.
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 10:50 AM   #27
Major Player

Jake,

You were typing your reply, as I was submitting my trouble ticket! :-)
Old August 30th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #28
Regular Crew

presets fixed now for CS3

I use a french version of Premiere Pro CS3.
The "Cineform" preset directory is only present on C:\Program Files (x86)\adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Settings\en_us

If you copy "cineform" directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Settings\fr_FR
the presets are back again for new projects.

Regards.
Cedric Pottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #29
Major Player

Cedric,

That's a good work-around for those using CS3 on non-English Windows installations, but, unfortunately, it won't work for the rest of us!

It's a good catch... It shows that the installer is apparently not looking closely enough to see where it should be placing the presets (IE. disregarding the Windows language setting). One of the fixes in this latest release was to make sure it installed correctly on disks other than the C: drive.
Old August 30th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #30
Regular Crew

Hello David,

I have found a few issues with NEO4k.

I am using the latest NEO4K build from yesterday with the 64bit fix that was spoken about on the DVINFO forum.

I have noticed

1. NLE SYNC in Firstlight does not update any more when I scrub a frame in Adobe Premiere pro cs5, although all my media is loaded into Firstlight with the NLE sync option enabled.

2. I also noticed on checking the Cineform license when each application loads and shows the splash before the app loads Firstlight goes to NEO 3d, and HDLINK goes to NEO4k?

Pointing that out in case NEO4K users are getting the 3d which is much more expensive in this build.

3. Sometimes when converting clips Canon 5d h264's into Cineform the progress bar in HDLINK can stop updating and it never finishes. Happens always with a batch, not single files.

I try it again and then it completes, seems to do this only with certain files the same normally.

Saving them as the same frame rate 23.976 also 1920x1080 so just a straight conversion to Cineform with-in HDlink.

4. I create a new branch in my database, for example grade2, the original DB in Firstlight no adjustements were made, so I switch to the branch selector in Firstlight and set the grade 2 branch to work from I do my grades to the clips, then when I go to the original DB in Firstlight which has no changes the grades I have just done are in DB as well?
Leo Baker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase