Neoscene is deinterlacing my footage even when told not to? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 21st, 2010, 07:51 AM   #1
New Boot

Neoscene is deinterlacing my footage even when told not to?

I just downloaded the latest version 5 Neoscene and even though I don't have hdlink set to deinterlace or when I export from PPro CS4 to cineform and have it set to upper field first both setups will still deinterlace the interlaced footage. Since this happens both with hdlink and when exporting from PPro I know it's not a PPro issue. I can export from Ppro to lagarith with upper field first and it stays interlaced but I wanted to buy cineform for the smaller file sizes but this automatic deinterlacing thing is killing me.
Sandy Crowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 01:27 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Please file a ticket with support as the footage is not being deinterlaced -- they can help you.
Old September 21st, 2010, 09:22 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks .. I just submitted one. Hope to get it working correctly and if I do I will be purchasing this for sure.
Sandy Crowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 01:10 PM   #4
New Boot

Turns out the problem was with Ripbot264 and how it handles Cineform files captured from an HV30 or converted to cineform. Ripbot thinks it's progressive footage even when it's interlaced. So if you try to apply a deinterlace to it the video is terrible quality. And if you don't deinterlace then the video ends up with some weird wobbly effects to moving objects as well if you resize the video same thing happens. If i use MeGUI i have no such problems and the video comes out great. Ripbot was so easy and quick to use. Too bad it won't read cineform well.
Sandy Crowell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase