Newbie Cineform user: Introducing black frames from PPCS4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 23rd, 2010, 12:09 PM   #1
Tourist

Newbie Cineform user: Introducing black frames from PPCS4

Hi you all! Hope this is the right place to post this.
I've bouht NeoHD from cineform, converted my MTS files into AVIs and did some quick corrections in FirstLight, all worked great.
Then, imported into PP CS4 and edited my sequences.

But, when exporting again to a Cineform AVI, something goes wrong and black frames are introduced within the clip, it doesn't seem to be at a constant rate, or timing, some times 2 continuous frames, some time spread apart.

When importing this file into Vdub for resizing, and other filter application, Vdub Crashes! exactly at those black frames. It says something about out of memory boundaries.
I exporte the exactly same clip with Lagarith codec and Everything works ok, just much bigger file.

Could somebody help me to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
Maria Cepeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 12:30 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Sound like an hickup in CS4 (not suprising CS5 is so much better.) While I have not heard of this particular error before, you may find export via the second method will get around this issue. You can either export via the Window AVI (Video for Window codec) or via CineForm AVI option -- try the method you weren't using.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 12:43 PM   #3
Tourist

Thanks for the quick response!!
I already tried both options, when using the Cineform AVI preset, sometimes even the Adobe Media Encoder crashes just before encoding starts. Through Microsoft AVI, encoding goes on, but with the black frames in between.
Maria Cepeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 01:25 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

As not code is shared between those to paths, both failing is pointing to something elese, have you tried in reinstalling with the latest software. If that doesn't work please file a trouble ticket with support as I never heard of this error.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase