Cineform Capture on Mac at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 7th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #1
Tourist

Cineform Capture on Mac

Just wanted to share this with those interested, I have been successfully capturing live into the CF codec on Mac with Final Cut Pro and AJA VTR Exchange apps. Either one does the trick, I prefer FCP though. This is not an officially supported feature of Neo4K (or other Neos) but its been great capturing live HD-SDI 1080 (only tried 24psf and 23.98psf frame rates) into something other than ProresHQ for cross platform workflows like mine.

On my i5 661 workstation I get dropped frames past the Medium quality setting and on my i5 760 workstation I am fine with any quality setting with no dropped frames. Again, not officially supported but I've recorded 30 min straight with no dropped frames. Try it out, maybe it'll work on your rigs.

BTW that's just going to a single 1.5TB 7200 RPM SATA drive (Panavision Genesis and Phantom cameras) using the AJA IO Express with v.8 AJA drivers. Haven't tried my Blackmagic or AJA LHe cards yet. I'm prepping for a gig in NY next week so I may not be too fast responding to questions if there are any.
Corey Robson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

FCP is not threading, so it whatever you can encode with one core. The AJA capture tools are better.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase