Premiers pro with neo 3d export problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 19th, 2010, 08:42 AM   #1
New Boot

Premiers pro with neo 3d export problem

Hi, I'm having a problem exporting a movie from premiere pro cs 5.

all the footages are converted and muxed cineform media and when I try to export it, it only gives me a black screen. I've tried all different settings(h264, mov, avi etc..), and reinstalled neo 3d but to no avail.

it still works fine for other footages as long as they are not cineform media files.
or it works when I import and export whole sequence in After Effects.

so what can I do? does anyone else have the same problem?

is it related to updates? or license?
Sejin Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Please submit a trouble ticket with support as I've having heard of this. Support Center
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:18 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I haven't researched this problem extensively but I have noticed recently while doing some exports that if I export a timeline and queue it to Adobe Media Encoder and run the job in Media Encoder I will get nothing but black for video, but if I export the timeline and render the export immediately inside of Premiere without queuing it I will get the video in my export. I hope that made sense. I have not tested this with native files yet to confirm this is a problem with Cineform. I am using CS5 and NeoHD.
Bill Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #4
New Boot

just submitted a trouble ticket.

symptoms are slightly changed now. if I export a timeline and queue it to media encoder I will get nothing but black for video, and if I export the timeline and hit the export immediately I will get an error message saying "Error compiling movie".

But now I can export timeline as Cineform AVI format. weird.......@_@
Sejin Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #5
Tourist

We've been trying for days to output from Premiere CS5 with Cineform/neo3D on Windows 7 and we're getting nowhere.

What we'd like to do is simply export the timeline (which contains only Cineform 3D muxed files) natively as a full-resolution Cineform 3D muxed file, but that seems to be impossible (or at least I haven't heard of anyone doing it). We don't want side-by-side half-res. So now we're trying to first export the left eye, then the right eye, then 3D mux them back together in FirstLight.

OK, first we set sequence settings & view options to display left eye only.

Export the timeline directly to Cineform AVI: black.
Export the timeline directly to Cineform MOV: black.
Export the timeline to the render queue & render from Media Encoder as Cineform AVI: black.
Export the timeline to the render queue & render from media encoder as Cineform MOV: black.

Exporting to uncompressed or mpeg does work (obviously not our first choice) - and then we can load those files into HDLink to convert them into Cineform - but then when we try to 3D mux them back together in FirstLight (either AVI or MOV), we get an error ("3D mux requires Quicktime"). 3D mux worked perfectly well with the source files (from AG3DA1), and Quicktime is installed.

Any ideas? Anyone?
Perry Hoberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I render 3D in Premiere CS5 all the time, so please contact support via a trouble ticket. There is a bug in the render queue for stereo (it renders left eye only) but the direct render are working correctly. We working to fix the AME queuing bug, but support should be able to get you up and running.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase