Ghost Busting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 1st, 2010, 06:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Ghost Busting

I am currently using NeoHD, I am interested Neo3d and am curious as to the effectiveness of the Ghost Busting feature. Is there a video showcasing this feature? Or, should I download the trial and give it a go? Is it a simple process to uninstall the Neo3d trial and reinstall NeoHD?
Mark Pavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #2
Regular Crew

you can test on trial, but the effects is visible only in specific situation, and not on all device...

if you have a passive display like jvc, zalman and hiunday you see less ghosting,
if you see picture on active system like nvidia or tv with active eyesglasses you can see on same sequence more ghosting...

ghosting born on high contrast images with big parallax, the ghostbusting alghoritm usually work on equalization of high light. but if you not have the right display to check it, is complex to value its work.
Carlo Macchiavello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Carlo.

I'm achieving good results by playing with the contrast, brightness etc to get rid of the ghosting, I just thought that the ghost busting feature may have had more magic to it.

Once again, thanks for the reply.
Mark Pavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #4
Regular Crew

to see ghostbusting action you must check your sequence on different media.
active display give you more ghosting than passive display, then if you use a passive monitor, like huinday, jvc, zalman, you see less effects than active display.

ghostbusting action of cineform do a good work, but the efficient of work depend from your videos, and difference from two eyes.
Carlo Macchiavello is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase