5.1 audio in Remaster at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 31st, 2011, 09:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

5.1 audio in Remaster

I've been trying to ingest AVCHD video clip shot with a Panasonic HS700 camera into Premiere CS5 (5.0.2) using Remaster on a Mac Pro. The audio is 5.1 surround and comes up as such when a native clip is dropped onto a time line. However the same clip when transcoded using Remaster comes up on the time line as 2 channel stereo. I suspect the problem is in my default settings within Perian (1.2.3) or Quicktime or Mac utilities. Can't seem to get the info straight. Can anyone help!

Thanks,
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: 5.1 audio in Remaster

This is a follow up.

I submitted a trouble ticket with CineForm on this subject and got this reply from Jake Segraves.

"This is not something we can do with Perian at this point."

Perhaps 5.1 audio isn't a big deal to most and maybe not me but it would be interesting to experiment with.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase