Can't render stereoscopic 3D Cineform AVI at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 5th, 2011, 05:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Can't render stereoscopic 3D Cineform AVI

Hello all

I am trying to render a stereoscopic 3D Cineform AVI file from Vegas. What's happening is that when I try to do this the left eye comes through, but the right eye comes out as garbage - freaky colours and shapes.

I had this working back in April when I conformed a movie in 3D and it worked fine. I've tried rolling back to the Cineform Neo version (back then it was Neo4k) and Vegas version (10.0c) we had at the time, but with no success.

Vegas is importing the 3D clips just fine, and you can see them in side-by-side and anaglyph modes etc; it just falls over on making the 3D cineform file.

Anyone got any ideas?

/ben
Benjamin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 07:22 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Can't render stereoscopic 3D Cineform AVI

Update - having had no success with older installs I re-installed the latest versions of both Vegas and Cineform Neo.

I then was able to render a 3D cineform AVI file successfully - problem solved!

However, when I tried to render a longer edit it failed after about 5 mins and threw up an error message saying the file was too big (it had stopped when the filesize reached 2Gb). The file it made was screwed up as before and since then every time I try and make any kind of 3D film it's also screwed up the same was as before.

For reference a picture of what the screwed up right channel looks like: www.redstar3D.com/temp/cineprob.jpg

/ben
Benjamin Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase