Can't capture from HD101 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 13th, 2005, 05:58 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Can't capture from HD101

I am getting various errors trying to capture using Aspect (trial version) I have deleted the IEEE1394 driver & searched for hardware changes but it eventually causes premiere to close. The error is with quartz.dll.

I will try the other HDV capture device control and see what happens.

Are we supposed to see vision in the capture window?
Old December 13th, 2005, 08:41 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I downloaded v3.4 and now I can capture but it still seems unstable. I get a green screen in the capture window, or sometimes black while previewing (before capture), and sometimes sound.

Sometimes the device control "goes offline" and if I change to HDV capture, it comes back. Should HDV capture still be an option once CineForm is installed?

Sometimes when it goes offline Windows makes that sound that tells me the device has been disconnected, as if the 1394 cable has been unplugged.

Have any other HD101 users experienced any of this?

Mark
Old December 13th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You should not get a green screen in the capture window, that suggests something isn't installed correctly. Try using HDLink for your captures to help determine the failure point. This tool will not preview but it has a very detailed log if errors occur. HDlink will allow capture to AVI and/or to M2T files, so you can test all combinations. We have done a lot of testing with the new JVC camera and the ProHD deck, so we know this will work.

P.S. Fun to see a post from Bunbury, I'm from W.A. also.
Old December 13th, 2005, 10:34 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for your quick reply. This forum never ceases to amaze me.

I had to return the camera so won't be able to experiment for a few days. This machine has a Matrox RTX card but I am using a separate 1394 port for this capture, not the Matrox one.

One of the error messages I got was "Recorder error: recorder captured no frames" but the file was captured O.K.

I'll report back once I get a chance to play with the camera again.

Congrats David on a remarkable product. Great to hear you're a "local"! Although don't be feeling homesick for summer. It's been the coldest start to summer since records began. So much for global warming.

Mark

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase